new guy with 98 cobra

Guest tang2nv

Originally posted by tang2nv:

sorry for not showing guys i'm new and really didn't think neone would reply this fast but i guess i was wrong. I'm not the cops. but to answer some question. I have lots of bolt on, port polish heads, intake, i put 2001 cams in b/c u get more horsepower and torque compared to the 98 cams, got a zex 125 shot on it. we could only really race like 1/4 mile though b/c i just got 4.56 gears in it. also where is geeros at sorry not to familar.

Is that all you got? :D How much horsepower do you have?Be there next week im sure youll have a line waiting for you.

well hopefully I am gonna try and have my 98 gt out this weekend... The other "think tank" has the problem I think figured out. (Hopefully and finally!!!)

My 98 is really heavily modded... Just curious.. do you have any pics of your 98? It was a pretty nice year for the cobras...the 01's were nice though!

Did you do the work or have a shop do it for you. Anyways...cop or not. Welcome aboard. Im Amy.

Brian thinks...it might br the injector drivers or that the computer itself might be bad...so I am getting another computer and were gonna play around with that and see if that fixes the problem.... so I am hoping. I am just damn aggravted.

Originally posted by 2000silvergtp:

tang2nv - is your car yellow?

Yes, it is.

To everyone else, I'm fairly sure tang2nv isn't the police. I've had a few run-ins with him. Though, the one time I invited him to run me he declined - something about him not having his nitrous hooked up.

As for the here and now, I'd be glad to race you, tang2nv, but I won't waste anymore of my time trying to set up something here. After all, you posted, I responded immediately, and then you conveniently didn't respond for several days. I can only assume you'll do more of the same, if given the chance. So, you can PM me, and we can work it out there, or, we can just run whenever we happen to meet up, like at Geeros or Hooters on the weekends. That is, as long as you've got your bottle hooked up.

How much do you usually race for tang2nv? You must be pretty confident in your machine since you're new and wanting to race for money with unknown competition... I'll bet you want to wager $1,000 or maybe even $5,000???

i don't know why u would put in 01 cams, i don't think it would be worth the time and effort. who ported your heads? did u go with bigger valves?

4.56's with nitrous, u better have some good tires and suspension unless u love doing burnouts

EDIT: this is STOLEN 5.0

He's an Advance auto parts employee... correct? smile.gif I think I've run into him once or twice, he set his car off the rev limiter and did a burnout to get my attention; I followed him back to the Advance on Gender rd. and he politely declined to race... He said there was a problem with his transmission... also, he mentioned that his car was powered by a 5.4 engine, not the 4.6 it came with...

Oh, and by the way... I'll run it.