HP @ RPM (DIN) 250 @ 5800 247 @ 6000

Stroke x Bore (mm) 78.9 x 100 78.9 x 100

Compression 8.0 : 1 8.0 : 1

Fuel Del. Sys. DME DME

Trans. Code 016R 016R

Weight (Lb) 2758 2758

Chassis No. 97JN50001- 95KN150001-

Guest SweeeetSilvia

If you would like one basically for free I can prob. help you out. My friend Lyndsey just crashed hers, I don't know how bad of condition it is in. But she lives off of Smoke Burr Drive in Westerville right by you, its right by the Dam. If your interested give me a call 946-1623

-Dan

Guest stvbreal

Watch out for your diff and tranny. I busted 3 in one year back in the day with my 87 turbo S. You would think German engineering would be tough but I proved them wrong. The rep. from Stuttgart had to fly over and take a look. He had never seen such distruction. Might be because I was 16 and a stupid ass, getting sideways around every turn. :D

Fun car. I used to get my parts from Performace Products. They have a few catalogs for some cars out there, just a select few.

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

Watch out for your diff and tranny. I busted 3 in one year back in the day with my 87 turbo S. You would think German engineering would be tough but I proved them wrong. The rep. from Stuttgart had to fly over and take a look. He had never seen such distruction. Might be because I was 16 and a stupid ass, getting sideways around every turn. :D

Fun car. I used to get my parts from Performace Products. They have a few catalogs for some cars out there, just a select few.

You had a 87 turbo S when you where 16?

Guest Silver911owner
I am not trying to be an ass EvilEvo but the 944 Turbo S model was only available in 1988 the 1989 Turbo was dropped so the Turbo S became the Turbo in 1989 Thats why you want to get a 1988 or 1989 model. If you want to have something a little more rare get the 1988 model. Only 718 were imported to the us.

Originally posted by Silver911owner:

I am not trying to be an ass EvilEvo but the 944 Turbo S model was only available in 1988 the 1989 Turbo was dropped so the Turbo S became the Turbo in 1989 Thats why you want to get a 1988 or 1989 model. If you want to have something a little more rare get the 1988 model. Only 718 were imported to the us.

Thats what I thought. The turbo s was a DOHC motor, when it went to just the S model which was still a large DOHC engine, but NA.

I was planning on the latest model turbo, s2 I could find. I am still not sure if s2's made it to the states. As far as bolt on's for more hp woo woo.

Dan thanks for the info but I want mine to be in pristine(sp) condition. I am looking for black on black or silver on black incase some one runs into a nice one. I am also willing to pay for for lower miles.

Guest stvbreal
Originally posted by Silver911owner:

True, my mistake. My buddy had the turbo S. Mine was just turbo.

Guest xxxyyyzzz

I'm still seeing a little wrong info here.

All the Turbos we got in the states are sohc 8 valve motors. The 'S' did have more hp and better (for the track) suspension but it was still sohc with 8 valves.

The Turbo and Turbo S were 2.5L I-4s. The 944S2 is a 3.0L 16v DOHC naturally aspirated car with around 210hp. Despite the similar power numbers the Turbos and S2s feel very different.

There are several tuners that deal with the 951. Pick up a copy of Excellence, 911 & Porsche World, etc. and you'll see some of the better known tuners in there. Also the Allegheny Region Porsche Club is doing a Driver's Ed at Mid-Ohio this fall IIRC, so that would be well worth visiting.

My $.02

So turbo s over an s2? I like the fact that the 3.0L is DOHC but Sohc engines tend to make more trq. As far as power the bank account is always the limit. Would I be better off buying an S2 for handeling purposes and then go the custom fab route for a tubo car? or should I pick up a turbo s and dump money on a suspension? I am just looking to size up each situation before I make the purchase.

Guest Silver911owner
Well, If you know you want a Turbo, Turbo S, or S2, There are a few things you need to consider. If you want something thats rare get the 88' Turbo S. If you want to get something fast resonably cheap get a Turbo, I would recomend trying to get the 89'. Yes, the S2 were imported to the US, and the only reason I would tell you to get one of these is if you also have enough funds to buy the PowerHaus Turbo conversion with 500whp. Whatever you choose Kolken, Lindsey Racing, and PowerHaus are the people to talk to.

Guest xxxyyyzzz

The S2 is a very well balanced car. They're real nice to drive. The Turbos are brutal on boost, especially after a few modifications. Doing a turbo conversion on an S2 costs $$$. If you're more into power I'd start off with the nicest Turbo in your budget.

Drive both and see what you prefer. Nice cars are still out there, so don't jump on the first one you drive. Turbos cost more to maintain than the S2s in general, and with either one make sure you know when the timing belt service was done as S2s have tensioner issues and both are interference engines. Broken belt = bent valves.

One last thing: I'd take higher miles and/or track time over "well, it sat for a year and a half because I couldn't afford to fix it" anyday.