Need help with Volkswagen bra

Tulo

I recently sold a genuine VW bra for my friend on ebay. The buyer has since emailed me and informed me that there are four screws missing that are used to secure the bottom part of the bra on. Does anyone know where I can get some of these screws? Or maybe something else that will work(zip ties?). I don't really know what i'm looking for so it's hard for me to figure this out. Maybe some of you guys with bra's on your cars have some ideas. I've already been to a VW parts/service department and they said VW discontinued their bra's and I won't be able to get screws through them. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -JP

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I have no idea, but did you ask if they knew the sizes of them? You could get some new ones at home depot or something.. The bra I had tightened around the bottom with an elastic string.

I don't think they're regular screws... I think they're plastic.

Originally posted by Tulo:

Plastic "snap-head" screws. WTF graemlins/wtf.gif are snap-head screws??

The "snap head screws" are replacements for the existing screws underneath. You remove the existing screws, and replace them with these "snap head screws" that should have come with the bra. The snap head screws are screws that have the "male" side of a snap on the top. The "female" side is attached to the bra itself. When the bra is installed, you pull it so that the snaps can come together. The snap head screws help to locate it in the proper place. Unfortunately, I had to get some of them for a customer for his Lexus, and Lexus doesn't sell them separately. The dealer had to order a complete bra, and return it without the screws citing an incomplete unit, just so that I could supply my customer with the hardware needed to do the install. You should talk to your friend, and see if the snap head screws are still on his car.

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

The "snap head screws" are replacements for the existing screws underneath. You remove the existing screws, and replace them with these "snap head screws" that should have come with the bra. The snap head screws are screws that have the "male" side of a snap on the top. The "female" side is attached to the bra itself. When the bra is installed, you pull it so that the snaps can come together. The snap head screws help to locate it in the proper place. Unfortunately, I had to get some of them for a customer for his Lexus, and Lexus doesn't sell them separately. The dealer had to order a complete bra, and return it without the screws citing an incomplete unit, just so that I could supply my customer with the hardware needed to do the install. You should talk to your friend, and see if the snap head screws are still on his car.

They would be holding the plastic lining on in the wheel well, right?