looking for some info

ridenred27

i have a rare ford ranger with a 2.3 turbo diesel it is going into a 4x4 suzuki and i was wondering if any of you guys have any info on this little diesel. i know that it is built bu mitsubishi and the engine model is a 4d55t. but that is all that i can find. i am looking to bump the fuel pressure and the boost, but i want it to be a safe level. any info would be appreciated

Guest FBody Addict

diesel=good fuel mileage, i see exactly why he is doing it

the gerbils in the samuri/trakker probably died

being a diesel block, raising the boost shouldn't be all that big a worry, although injector timing may be a problem, i will talk with my grandmother's next door neighbor about it, he knows alot about deisels

i am not going to use the sammi tranny i am going to use the tranny that is bolted to the diesel. the cool part about the sammy is it has a divorced transfer case. so all i have to do is make a custom stub(jack shaft)shaft and modify the ranger hydro clutch assy into the sammy. a little wiring and mount the feed pump and its running. apperently (sp) the diesel gets close to 40mpg freeway and 28 something city.

I had a Samurai in high school/early college, and despite they were the tiniest things on the road it was a very fun and capable off-roader.

I'm very interested to hear more about the swap. Traditionally, the big swap was to replace the 55hp 1.3L SOHC 8v engine with an old VW Rabbit Diesel, or a 1.6L 16V DOHC engine from a Sidekick/Tracker.

That thing will crawl up walls with a 2.3L turbo 4. Good luck! smile.gif

i think it should be a fun little thing. i need to get a water pump (broke from the front damage) oil cooler and a radiator. so when i start the swap i wont have to guess on the dementions.

the cooles part of the diesel is this little thing sounds like a big truck diesel (turbo whistle and spool up).

but i would like to bump the power up to around 100-120hp which should get the tq real close to 300ftlb. that should motivate it quite well graemlins/burnout02.gif