Saleen at it again...

T Rex

Originally posted by B1ackout:

...wow. I like it. A lot. Still gonna be 55 grand, though. :(

I like it allot!

oh, BTW, it's 45k ;) Not that it matters much considering that's allot of coin and I think I'd rather have something else parked in the garage for that type of coin.

Originally posted by Vaccum Leaking V6:

oh, BTW, it's 45k ;)

Does that 45K include the 5K to 10K mark-up all the dealers will add for "limited availability?"

I'm with you in the end, though - even at 45K, there's several other cars that I'd go with before this one.

i was at ricart on tuesday driving their 03 cobra saleen, and besides the interior, it was hands down a prettier car than that one. they did have the new mustangs on the lot, and they were just as ugly in person as they are in pictures. down with retro.

*puke

put the new interior in the old body, and id buy one tommorrow.

Don't think I like it - too much plasticky looking gunk on it. Kind of the same disease Mid-90s Grand Ams suffered from with their hundreds of lbs of craptacular vinyl/fiberglass/plastic cladding and doodads glued all over the bodywork. No thanks.

At least Saleen didn't use their previous butt ugly wing on this thing. You should see the retro spoiler (not wing) Rousch is planning to bolt on the 05s, can you say "barn door"?

Warning: The following post is written in true Corvette asshole owner fashion. Reader discretion is advised.

C6 @ $43,000 > That Saleen @ $45,000(Although it's not bad looking; something I didn't think was possible with the '05s)

Make that car $39,995 and Saleen is the winnar.

That is all.

smile.gif

Originally posted by SlowZ06:

C6 @ $43,000 > That Saleen @ $45,000(Although it's not bad looking; something I didn't think was possible with the '05s)

Agreed completely - I'd rock a C6 way, way before I'd even think about getting behind the wheel of that Saleen.

On a tangential note: Went to Cambridge on Sunday, and I ended up following two yellow C6s for about 40 miles. My guess was they just got delivered to (or purchased from) a Columbus dealer and were in route to the new dealer. Anyway, it was nice to study them for a while - very impressive looking cars, noticeably more compact than the C5s, and they look kind of Viper-ish, especially from the front. BTW, I wasn't in the Cobra, and, even if I was, I highly doubt I would have gotten either of the drivers to bite.

I agree with Venom and SlowZ06. I'd buy the C6 before that. The Saleen will hold its value much better than the C6 though, as has been the case with previous Saleens' resale. But actually I'd buy neither and wait on a new C6 based Z06. In fact I think that's what I'm doing...