Fox body 5.0's...things to know before buying?

Bam

I'm looking to purchase an old 5.0 and after talking with a few people I get mixed opinions. I would like to know your take on these cars and how they hold up.

Also, which model is the lightest/best for performance? What do these cars run in stock trim?

Lastly, anyone got one for sale for around $3g's?

:D

94-95 were heavier and underpowered

91-92 notch back. larger wheel openings and stock forged pistons, mass air car.

if u want to handle/brake better, go to a junk yard and get the 5 lug conversion and rear disc brakes for bout 200-250 bucks. and it's fairly easy to swap.

hard to find a fox in fine stock trim anymore. a no rust car will cost you more than 3g's especially for a v-8 notch.

I posted 3 weeks ago on this in the corral section. We've got a mint yellow convertible with 14,000 miles on it. It's a 1993 (I think). my dealership is "ready to sell", you could probably own it for approx $13,000 plus tax & tags. It is an automatic everything is factory stock, she's real clean. It's at Nissan North - :D

Originally posted by Kohones:

We've got a mint yellow convertible with 14,000 miles on it.

I drive by that most everyday, going to work. It caught my eye a couple times, clean Foxes are hard to come by, seeing one on a dealer lot in 2005 is unheard of... graemlins/nod.gif

obviously a big stang fan here but 13 gs for a fox is way to much thats why its still there dont care if it was showroom with 2 miles on it its an old car that isnt a colledtor yet thats my opinion and it stinks

not her but him

Jenn: I didn't pay near that for my fox vert when it was in perfect condition and it only had 26k on it and it had never seen ohio weather. Good luck sellin it. Altho if you get some yuppie in there with their mom and dad and their check book.... you could probably get close to 15 for it.

[ 16. May 2005, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Pony Pimpstress ]

Originally posted by Kohones:

I posted 3 weeks ago on this in the corral section. We've got a mint yellow convertible with 14,000 miles on it. It's a 1993 (I think). my dealership is "ready to sell", you could probably own it for approx $13,000 plus tax & tags. It is an automatic everything is factory stock, she's real clean. It's at Nissan North - :D

Need to post that on collectortrader.com

Few things that I've noticed.. from other members here.

You MUST move to Grove city.

You will develop SPS after a short while.

You will also develop more shit-talking skills

There's probably a few others, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

smile.gif .

5 grand and up will get you a "decent" fox, its amazing that a car that books for 1200.00 cant be bought on the street for less than 4000.00. Took a picture of my now new dream garage, tonight let me know what you think~! http://members.aol.com/igetmadim/foxgarage.jpg

Looks good, sometime post a pic of the blue one because I want to see how those wheels look on it. The look good from my view. I might get a set eventually for track tires.

Anyways, hijack over, with any stang check to make sure the torque boxes aren't torn to shit on the rear. Excessive end play on the rear axles can mean worn traction loc, excessive end play on a low milage car *can* mean a rough life.