GTO at Trails

90gt

Just picked up the new issue of high performance pontiac yesterday, ran a stock GTO vs a stock mach 1, both ran 13.5s at about 103 to 105 mph on their passes, the mach 1 ended up being like 1/100 faster in the end after it was all said and done. Also in the same mag, little of topic of course, vert LS1 black on black makin 1100 ponies :eek: just thought i would throw that in there.

Originally posted by 93TANG:

The 03 cobra that went 11's with Evan Smith driving, had a different pulley, exhaust, and was running on et streets. It was impressive that a few bolt ons and a little trickery and the car went that fast, but it definitely wasn't stock.

Different article.

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by EVILGTP98:

Also in the same mag, little of topic of course, vert LS1 black on black makin 1100 ponies :eek: .

That car was at the Norwalk event last fall. Very impressive!

That guy driving the GTO just couldn't drive. It's not that slow of a car. It's all on the driver and that driver must have just got his license or something b/c those runs were junk considering what that car can do.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Then that means 99 Cobras must run low 15's. I raced the guy, and have the time slip stuffed somewhere; that's what he was racing all day, in decent track conditions no less. By your theory, that's how it is. If you argue this, then you are proving you are wrong about the GTO, and we can't have that, now can we???

Regardless, GTO's aren't meant to be drag strip kings anyway; they are a nice GT car, good handling, with power to go along with it. If you think your Moostang is as nice as a GTO, you are dillusional.

I can possibly argue this point what was his mph that shows power. ET shows driving ability granted you'll lose some mph not knowing how to drive but 10 come on. Oh and yes I do think the Mach 1 looks alot better then a GTO so I guess I am dillusional, at least mine was built in the states.

As for the person that said 94MPH is good for mid 13's maybe on a bike or a 2000lb car.

Originally posted by QWK90GT:

...and yes I do think the Mach 1 looks alot better then a GTO so I guess I am dillusional, at least mine was built in the states.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Do you realize that everything is global now? Nothing is made solely in the US anymore. Components from Mustangs are made in other countries just as parts of the GTO are made in the US. Where do you think all the engineering occurred for the LS1? Not Austrailia. Saying one car is better then the other because of where it was built is the lamest arguement ever.

Basically, the cars were built for different purposes. The driver at Trails sucked at life. There's a post every few weeks about how the GTO is slower then a Mustang and that it sucks because of it. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT IT WAS BUILT FOR. Yea, it costs more and it's slower in the quarter mile. So does an M3, does that make it suck? Everyone's gotta get over this.

As for the person that said 94MPH is good for mid 13's maybe on a bike or a 2000lb car.

Or on the brakes :D

By the way, your Mach looks absolutely awesome. I was bummed we didn't get to see it rip off some 12's at Norwalk. :(

[QB]I can possibly argue this point what was his mph that shows power. ET shows driving ability granted you'll lose some mph not knowing how to drive but 10 come on. Oh and yes I do think the Mach 1 looks alot better then a GTO so I guess I am dillusional, at least mine was built in the states.

[QB]

Cobra was mid 90's in the MPH range. Guess they all run that, right??? :D

And WTF does the GTO being a NICER car than the Mustang have to do w/ it's looks? I don't recall mentioning its looks anywhere.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Cobra was mid 90's in the MPH range. Guess they all run that, right??? :D

And WTF does the GTO being a NICER car than the Mustang have to do w/ it's looks? I don't recall mentioning its looks anywhere.

Oh well you proved me wrong want a cookie?

As for the GTO be nicer well looks have something to do with that. So here I clearify yes I thing my Mustang is nicer then the GTO. I'm tired of arguing onto the next thread.

Guest BLACKBIRD99

Arguing over the appearance of anything is about the worst arguement ever. To some, the GTO looks ugly. To others and myself included, it looks good. The same can be said for the Mustang. THERE'S NO RIGHT OR WRONG IN THAT ARGUEMENT!

BTW, the Chevelle will most likely not happen. If you're talking about the red/black one on the cover of Chevy HiPo mag, it was all photoshop.