Guys With GTP's / Regal GS

Wease

I've got a line on a sweet deal, a 1997 Regal GS w/ 63K miles. It's in great shape, leather, power everything, heated seats, climate control, CD, etc.. Only $4250! :eek: I've got a couple things to work out before I can hopefully go and get it, however, I'm hoping it ends up being mine. I can't find one with that mileage for anything less than $7K, so I know this is a great deal. smile.gif

While it will become my new daily driver, I do plan on waking it up a bit. ;) What do they run stock and what would it run with an Intense Racing Stage One kit? That's a 3.4 pulley, belt, new PCM, 180 Thermostat, and the SLP CAI. Just curious... smile.gif

I would give it high 14s low 15s stock, I ran 14.9 stock at 93 mph and she had more but only my 2nd pass ever down the track. I dont really know what the regals weigh in at but that would be my guess. Do ya a 3.4 pulley, easy removal if ya plan on changing it alot or just a press on if 3.4 is all you will ever go, 180 T stat is nice, and the CAI really woke my car up, impressed me quite a bit and makes the blower sound alot more noticable. Plus you are not looking at a whole lot of cash for that, 300 to 500 total and put her pretty consistant mid/low 14s I would guess. Got to love sleeper cars, always leave em guessing :cool:

before you touch the car let's scan it...

The 3.4 pulley may require some additional modifications, good things to look for are a used set of 1.9 rockers, you can get the first generation for about 200 some odd dollars, they really raise the curve, so racing after 50 isn't a nightmare.

The 180 T-stat is a good idea, it lowers temps alot and fights the car's will to pull timing. Not to much effect on the gas mileage.

I'm not a fan of the SLP cold air box, but, for what it is, I guess its OK.

HTH,

Nate smile.gif