Wow, 26 Original Mile LS-6 Chevelle!

Wease

i just don't understand how you could own a car like that and never drive it, i mean jesus that kind of mileage couldn't be much more than bringing it home from the dealership, kinda like buying a 300k dollar candy bar and never eating it

poor car, probably misses not ever playing with its friends :(

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

i just don't understand how you could own a car like that and never drive it, i mean jesus that kind of mileage couldn't be much more than bringing it home from the dealership, kinda like buying a 300k dollar candy bar and never eating it

poor car, probably misses not ever playing with its friends :(

I agree its like being a lumberjack and not cutting down trees tongue.gif

i love it but one problem the intake does not have orange overspray from when factory painted the engine. this car probably seen a lot of its life at the race track. or the owner was anal about the overspray and removed it.

but very sexy another TRUE muscle car. slicks+some timing=12's

70 SS chevelle = my most admired car EVAR.

Originally posted by L67 Skylark:

i could be wrong on my muscle car history here, but I'm pretty sure you could only get an LS6 454 car with a 4spd in it if its a real deal car with the bench the colum shift auto and the LS6 its worth every penny becuase its very very very rare

no, There were 2 transmission options with the LS6 454 (450hp) the TH400 or M22. The LS5 came the same way, But there were a rare number of M-21 LS5 cars made in 70.

Production numbers for 1970 SS by engine (tried to find the production of th400 vs. m-22 but failed)

L34- 396-350 hp-51,437

L78- 396-375 hp- 2,144

L89- 396-375 hp- 18

Alum. head

LS5- 454-360 hp- 4,298

LS6- 454-450 hp- 4,475

http://www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html

The car is worth that, IF it is the real deal. I would have to say that I would never buy a car like this without looking at it very carefully, and having an expert look it over as well. The car will continue to increase in value as long as some dumbshit doesn't buy it and drive it. That is what makes this car worth so much.

And yes, there were people that bought muscle cars and put them away, I know where a Plymouth GTX is sitting that was driven from Spitzer Dodge to Pataskala, put into a garage and sealed up. The car is started once every two months and is heat cycled. It is setting on stands with pads. And will require the removal of a wall to get out of the garage as the door was removed and a wall built a year after the car was bought. No one is real sure about the value of that car. But it easily is worth more than the house that it sits in. There are a few of these cars across the US. Cars bought as the price of fuel doubled and the prices of the cars fell. They were at the time, impossible to sell. Now these cars that no one wanted are the most sought after vehicles on the planet.

Tell ya what the deal is, some bastard made a time machine and went back in time and bought that just to make some cash. Yes only way possible to only have 26 miles on that car. mwhaha

:D

It looks like a beautiful car, but no one has enjoyed it. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they build cars with this kind of power to be driven and raced or something other than sitting somewhere collecting dust.

Originally posted by Slow5.0:

It looks like a beautiful car, but no one has enjoyed it. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they build cars with this kind of power to be driven and raced or something other than sitting somewhere collecting dust.

i agree, but if your about to spend 350k on a car not to drive it, chances are you can buy a couple more that you could drive. the guy who bought it is prob jay leno or someone like that, that has a shit load of cars anyways.

Originally posted by Slow5.0:

+1 I agree I think its smart to keep them in nice shape but just to buy it and park it what's the point.