So, do All-trac celicas exist?

Devils Advocate

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by WearYourHelmet:

Jack Pee, there happens to be a great condition 510 on there for 1500 dollars.

I'm there. Now, can someone please buy my Talon?

Guest mudbutt
Id listen to mark before just about anyone on here reguarding general toyota knowledge. The 3sgte will hold up to a lot of abuse, though 500 is getting a bit overzelous on stock internals. The engine managment system also is a spot that will need work with anything past stock turbo (flapper afm). I seriously dobut the driveline is good to 500. Also parts are going to be hard to find if you do break something in the driveline. Also not all of the mr2 engine upgrades will work as the layout is a bit different.

Those cars, while they are cool, are not as nice as you might think. Thats the reason that awd dsm's outsold them like 10:1. The handling is pretty poor on them, the brakes from what i remember aren't very good. The engine is a great engine, comparable to any other turbo 4 cyl out there, 4g63, sr20det, ej20. However as stated modifying them will be quite a chore since almost nobody makes parts for them, it will be a DIY nightmare.

• 3 years later...
Guest Mekkahfire

Bump for a mad-old thread about the 3SGTE that doesnt have my personal touch. :)

Alltrac fanclub website:

www.alltrac.net

There are a TON of carparts out for the 3SGTE now. The alltrac in general is a badass car. It came in 3 generations.

ST165 (boxy thing)

ST185 (More roundish, mid 90's look.. Sexy with a carlos sans front end)

ST205 (260hp turbo 4, good luck finding one.)

They are an absolute blast to drive, and last forever. The toyota 3SGTE is a bulletproof motor, for a few examples hit up www.MR2OC.com (There are more MR2 owners than alltrac owners).

Expect to see the following power numbers:

300hp with bolt-ons

450hp with bolt-ons and a few basic fuel upgrades, this is also what youre going to want to consider your limit for stock internals.

500hp+ with valves/springs/cams, nice big turbocharger, trunk-mount intercooler. The stock bottom end is good for 700hp (and has been proven time and time again.)

Here are just a few online performance part stores for the 3SGTE.

www.ATSracing.net

www.KOracing.net

www.twosrus.com

http://xs-power.com/