Feds to require automotive Black Boxes?

copperhead

Originally posted by Doug:

They will look at length of WOT and how many time your go WOT. They will also look at maximum MPH and RPM and try to prove you were "abusing" the car.

That is illegal. Remember the stink about the M3's trick launch button sequence shit? In europe, if you did it more then 3 times, it voided your warrantee. But they couldn't do that here because they cant void your warantee for doing something that you made the car able to do. If the gas pedal goes all the way tot he floor, they technicaly cant void your warantee for you pushing it down there from time to time.

I agree. If the manfacturers thought it would damage it they should have prevented it. That would be my ruling. You know thats a neat thought. Why can cars go over the speed limit anyway. Whats the point of my GMC truck having a speed limiter of 105MPH if the state limits are around 30MPH slow then that. Why not just be able to get to your limit fast instead of exceeding it. I guess cops like to write tickets and hospitals and funeral homes like to do business too.

Evan

Originally posted by Regenmeister:

That is illegal. Remember the stink about the M3's trick launch button sequence shit? In europe, if you did it more then 3 times, it voided your warrantee. But they couldn't do that here because they cant void your warantee for doing something that you made the car able to do. If the gas pedal goes all the way tot he floor, they technicaly cant void your warantee for you pushing it down there from time to time.

Well we will find out soon if it is illegal or not. Do you think manufactures should pay for a blown motor if they have conclusive proof that it was reved 4000 rpm over redline the day before?

Originally posted by Doug:

Well we will find out soon if it is illegal or not. Do you think manufactures should pay for a blown motor if they have conclusive proof that it was reved 4000 rpm over redline the day before?

dealerships overcharge, some people get warranty work when THEY broke it. it all evens out.