700 hp 03 cobra in johnstown

black00ws6

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

Wow! nice sleeper, I bet is sounds awesome. Those superchargers sound like banshees screaming. Isn't there a huge pronlem with those blowers though?

I believe the first version of the kenne bell were having problems if vacuum lines were not zip tied down.. and they needed an oil catch can too.

Guest sixpackstang
Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Ok stupid ?, what is FWHP on a Cobra?

Didn't you know those new cobras were front wheel drive?

FWHP = fly wheel hp, thats my guess

Originally posted by sixpackstang:

I think I'd be a little weary of buying a car like that off a seller with -1 feedback rating though...

well since its in Johnstown if i was going to pick it up i would have someone here that knows mustangs to come with me to look it over first.

I know this guy. I worked on a number of his ford super duty trucks he has for his hauling business. Nice guy, and it is an impressive car.

Though he has done a lot to it since the last time I talked to him. I think he was only pushing 450ish hp at that time.

Wow! nice sleeper

Did you just call an 03 Cobra a sleeper? graemlins/slap.gif

Nope, don't know that car or the owner. The $38,900 he quoted for the price of the (stock) Cobra sounds way inflated. Yet, $24K for that car and that setup, for only 14,000 miles, is a great price - which makes me think something may be really wrong with the car.

sleeper as in a cobra with 700hp. That's a litle more than your avg bear....I would think sam the vette guy who wants money for racing all the time, wold look at it and see "meh, 03 cobra I can walk him." Race and have his ass handed to him.......Not a sleeper to us mere mortals but to the big dogs..... graemlins/slap.gif

sleeper as in a cobra with 700hp...I would think sam the vette guy who wants money for racing all the time, wold look at it and see "meh, 03 cobra I can walk him." ...

...til he opened the hood and saw the Kenne Bell.

I don't know in what circle an 03 Cobra would be a sleeper actually anymore. That train left after fall 02. As you put it: "mortals" tread lightly against them stock. The "Big Dogs" should be smart enough to require a look under the hood. Too many people lost money to Cobras in the summer of 03, heh.

First off why would the guy put all that work in the car and sell it with so little miles on it at that price. Either the guy is rich and just is tired of the car, he is afraid of it, if it does make that kinda power or the car is fu#@ed up. I would be careful. Or better yet he may have seen the light and converted to Chevy HA HA.

sleeper as in a cobra with 700hp. That's a litle more than your avg bear....I would think sam the vette guy who wants money for racing all the time, wold look at it and see "meh, 03 cobra I can walk him." Race and have his ass handed to him.......Not a sleeper to us mere mortals but to the big dogs..... graemlins/slap.gif

1) Sam gets walked from a roll by a certain 03 Cobra all the time - he's well aware of what they are capable of.

2) The 03 Cobra is even less of a sleeper to the "big dogs" than it is to the "mere mortals" - anyone who knows anything about street racing is aware of the modification potential of the 03/04 Cobras. They're respectable bone stock and potential monsters with only $5,000 invested.

So, again, for your ignorance, I award you with another slap: graemlins/slap.gif

Originally posted by jallen100:

First off why would the guy put all that work in the car and sell it with so little miles on it at that price. Either the guy is rich and just is tired of the car, he is afraid of it, if it does make that kinda power or the car is fu#@ed up. I would be careful. Or better yet he may have seen the light and converted to Chevy HA HA.

Could need crack money?

I know the owner of this car. Nice guy. He used to live in my neighborhood until he built his house in Johnstown. I havent talked to him in a few months, so I dont know why he is selling it, I can assure you its not because he is scared of it though :D

I think he just had a kid, so maybe that has something to do with it???

Nice Car graemlins/thumb.gifgraemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by KBOND99:

If anyone on here buys it, invest in a return style fuel set up, nothing like having a boost-a-pump die on you at full throttle. It has happened, can you say instant lean condition. :eek:

Not to mention even WITH a BAP his fuel system cant keep up. I 100% promise you that if you watch delta pressure on a long freeway pull it would drop after a few seconds. Doesnt always show up on the dyno with a car like that because the pulls are so fast.