2005 Legacy GT

Maro

http://images.intellichoice.com/Medium/05540Lega2x5G00014552_2.jpg

http://www.suburu.com/servlet/research?model=LEGACY&trim=25_GT_SEDAN&command=photos

Torn between this and a WRX....

The new Legacy GT's have the 2.5L Turbo'ed/Intercooled flat-4 with 250hp / 250tq.

Should be fun to drive.

I am not sure that I like the exterior as much as the WRX, but the slightly larger size would be nice. It also has nicer interior and other perks, but it weighs 250 lbs. more than a WRX.

Anyone else check these out yet?

very nice for the class that its in. i would definately rock it. and it has a very nice power plant. the wrx guys are all getting jealous that scooby is putting turbos in damn near all their cars now.

all in all, if you want a race car that excels in every aspect, and youre not getting an sti, go with the wrx. even with less power than the legacy, its a better starting platform.

Well... test drove the new '05 WRX and a new '05 Legacy GT Limited (auto). Both were very fun to drive.

I was impressed with the build quality of the new Legacy...very good fit and finish and no "cheap" pieces. Gauges were AWESOME (electro-illumination) as were the finishes on the dash and door panels. Car had an very nice factory stereo w/ 6 CD changer (6 speakers / 120 watts / sub). Power seats and mirrors, heated seats and mirrors, trip computer, dual climate control, sunrof, etc..... Pretty well optioned for $31,000.

Car handles well and Oh... it friggin FLIES!

The WRX didn't change much from last year... the console is different, but the armrests appeared to be cheaply made / fit. Gauges and dash are the same. Stock radio sucked...

I'm leaning towards the Legacy GT Limited at this point, but my wife wants a WRX....

Originally posted by Maro:

Well... test drove the new '05 WRX and a new '05 Legacy GT Limited (auto). Both were very fun to drive.

I was impressed with the build quality of the new Legacy...very good fit and finish and no "cheap" pieces. Gauges were AWESOME (electro-illumination) as were the finishes on the dash and door panels. Car had an very nice factory stereo w/ 6 CD changer (6 speakers / 120 watts / sub). Power seats and mirrors, heated seats and mirrors, trip computer, dual climate control, sunrof, etc..... Pretty well optioned for $31,000.

Car handles well and Oh... it friggin FLIES!

The WRX didn't change much from last year... the console is different, but the armrests appeared to be cheaply made / fit. Gauges and dash are the same. Stock radio sucked...

I'm leaning towards the Legacy GT Limited at this point, but my wife wants a WRX....

the gauges and dash are not the same, actually. they have red needles now, instead of green, also, the boost gauge is on the left, the tach is in the center, and the speedo is on the right.

minor changes, to be sure. i didnt even notice until someone pointed them out to me.

the seats are different, with an attached headrest, and stiffer side bolstering as well as being made of a different material. and then the obvious differences are the front facia and the hood scoop.

i think thats about it.

either way you go, im pretty sure youll be happy. scooby = the win.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... closed the deal last night and became a proud new owner of an '05 Legacy GT Limited, 5 speed, STI short throw shifter, spoiler, moonroof, etc. graemlins/thumb.gif

Now I just have to wait ~6 weeks for it to be built and delivered.... :rolleyes:

Well.... closed the deal last night and became a proud new owner of an '05 Legacy GT Limeted, 5 speed, STI short throw shifter, spoiler, etc. graemlins/thumb.gif

Now I just have to wait ~6 weeks for it to be built and delivered.... :rolleyes:

Awesoem and congrats, can't wait to check one out sometime as a WRX was one of the cars I test drove when I was looking for cars so this one interest me quit a bit. graemlins/thumb.gif 6 weeks doesn't sound too bad for build/delievery (although I'm sure the wait still sucks).

Kind of a moot point by now but, does anyone know when/is Sabb coming out with the 92x?

Well.... closed the deal last night and became a proud new owner of an '05 Legacy GT Limited, 5 speed, STI short throw shifter, spoiler, moonroof, etc. graemlins/thumb.gif

CONGRATS, man! The Legacy GT is definitely the sleeper performance sedan of the year...NO ONE saw this one coming on the market except for the diehard Scooby guys. After owning my Maxima, I know this would be the animal (aside from the waaaay more expensive Cadillac CTS-V) to get me back into a sedan!

Can't wait to see it in person! smile.gif