Car fire oin 270/161

Buck531

Anyone else see it?

I drove by going north/west on 270 right before the 161 overpass. Mid 90's Firebird/TA. Looked like it was a V6 by the rims that were on it. Car was UP in flames.. I mean, probably 10 foot flames from the hood. Right as I drove by they were trying to pry open the hood to get the fire down.

Crazy. and of course, everyone going the OPPOSITE direction of the car fire had to come to a complete stop to take a peek at the flames.

Saw the car, didn't see the fire. It was an early fourth gen firbird, likely a V6, black in color with a red door (maybe fender too, couldn't tell what with the fire melting the plastic and all), it had the base line five hole "swirly" rims, and had Southbound 270 backed up around to Eastbound 270, which was backed up passed Cleveland Avenue when I drove by at ten till eight.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

So THATS why 270 was slowing down this morning.

But worry not - that was just a prelude for those of us turning southbound on I71, which was ESPECIALLY ASSTASTIC this morning.

I only HOPE something large and expensive was on fire to have caused that.

I was lucky enough to get stuck in both clog ups too, hey Mowgli, I see you gettin off at the Morse Rd exit?