wreck on 670

Guest GMoney

Second time I'd seen idiots cause a wreck. RecklessOp, Unleased, and I were rollign south boud on 315 a couple summers ago. A99 cobra rag top merged onto the highway next to us, and seing 3 loud cars, decided to show off. They did a 120mph+ ricer flyby of matt and ran right up ont he ass of an explorer before deciding they needed to change lanes. They tried to do it too quickly and got a gob of high speed oversteer. fishtailed intot he sideof the explorer, which lost control, hitting the center divider and rolling onto its roof, sliding 50yds, then rolling back onto its wheels. I didn't see it happen, that is the account from Matt, and the scene backed it up. I went back to assist as soon as Brian told me what happened. I wish I had known, because the kids said they were run off the road by a mustang and it wasn't their fault. Witnesses said they were racing 2 mustangs. In the end, the world was minus a cobra, and plus some bad street racing press. Wish I had a phone and could get the account from Matt, I'd have filled out a statement.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Did matt and brian get cited for the wreck at all? Did anyone stop and help?

nope, they split. I noticed Matt was no longer with us, I pulled over and Brian pulled next to me and said "I think matt wrecked", since both cars look identical in a mirror at night. Hearing this, I went back to try and help out. The explorer's occupants were pretty bloddied up from the roof collapsing on them. There were alot of people around, so I took to directing traffic till the po got there, took fuckin 10 mins. Then came the amulances and choppers, with me still directing traffic. I heard what witnesses were saying, and what the kids in the stang were saying, and got pissed and matt and wrote him angry things, but he straightened me out. tongue.gif

Dosent 670 spilt in like 3 differnt directions in that 100 yard strech, otherwise thats the stupiest place to pull any crap, slow cars one lane turn off = stupidity and well as we see crashes.

So "extreme driving" = unsafe driving :confused:

Everything is so "extreme" these days, I can't tell what the word actually used to mean (not to mention it's a horrible adjective for most things).

Jackasses ruin it for everyone...stay safe and stay within the 5mph over this weekend. :(

I drove right up by that at around 8:30 or 9 maybe that night and seen the jeep on its top and the LT1 style vette turned backwards resting its side against the guardrail. I was wondering if it was anybody on here

Originally posted by buckeye:

1 more reason the someone needs to open a drag strip that is open at midnight

That would be great, to bad it will never happen.

To many bitchy people would complain about the noise.

Guest Boosted GS430
Originally posted by The Stig:

Second time I'd seen idiots cause a wreck. RecklessOp, Unleased, and I were rollign south boud on 315 a couple summers ago. A99 cobra rag top merged onto the highway next to us, and seing 3 loud cars, decided to show off. They did a 120mph+ ricer flyby of matt and ran right up ont he ass of an explorer before deciding they needed to change lanes. They tried to do it too quickly and got a gob of high speed oversteer. fishtailed intot he sideof the explorer, which lost control, hitting the center divider and rolling onto its roof, sliding 50yds, then rolling back onto its wheels. I didn't see it happen, that is the account from Matt, and the scene backed it up. I went back to assist as soon as Brian told me what happened. I wish I had known, because the kids said they were run off the road by a mustang and it wasn't their fault. Witnesses said they were racing 2 mustangs. In the end, the world was minus a cobra, and plus some bad street racing press. Wish I had a phone and could get the account from Matt, I'd have filled out a statement.

My friends mom was driving that explorer.