questions for people with rotaries?

Guest DanTheMan212000

The PFC is great, i have one. I am going to be selling mine soon, I am getting the AEM EMS. Yes, there is many bugs to be worked out with it with the FD, but hopefully i can.

I beleive the Pfc, is only good for a stock application. I realize, that theroy is almost incorrect, becuase alomost all single turbo fd's utilize PFC. However, how many motors do these single turbo fd's go through. To me, all the PFC is a fuel and ignition controller. However the Aem can do "everything" from traction control to fan control.

But my advise, the very first mod you should do to a FD is a stand-alone or a pettit ECU. Even doing a midpipe will create boost creept. Hit boost creep on stock computer and you may ending up saying good bye to your motor.

Ty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

The PFC is great, i have one. I am going to be selling mine soon, I am getting the AEM EMS. Yes, there is many bugs to be worked out with it with the FD, but hopefully i can.

I beleive the Pfc, is only good for a stock application. I realize, that theroy is almost incorrect, becuase alomost all single turbo fd's utilize PFC. However, how many motors do these single turbo fd's go through. To me, all the PFC is a fuel and ignition controller. However the Aem can do "everything" from traction control to fan control.

But my advise, the very first mod you should do to a FD is a stand-alone or a pettit ECU. Even doing a midpipe will create boost creept. Hit boost creep on stock computer and you may ending up saying good bye to your motor.

Ty

I'm gonna have to respectfully but strongly dis-agree with you.

Your statement implying that the PowerFC is in some way responsible for single turbo owners blowing there engines is so ludicrous, that I will not even honor it with a retort.

There is a reason that no one I have met, or that has brought thier car by the shop, that runs an AEM. It is relatively new to the market and it's completely unproven. Therefore the 10s of thousands of owners who have been running the PowerFC for years would rather buy a Racelogic traction control device and and take thier car to an experienced PFC tuner.

The AEM is not a bad ECU but I'd ask you this. Would you rather be a test subject with only experienced online support, or run a product that there are at least 10 experienced people locally that can help you with?

Oh, and I'm sure your familiar with AEM's new ignition units that have left many people, including 3 of our customers, on the side of the road. not to mention destroying 2 high-flow cats from the backfires.

More power to you Ty for wanting to de"bug" the AEM. I do hope you succeed.

Hey mike that is how i feel.

Yes the Aem is "unproven" But so many cars are running it with-out issues from what i understand.

You are right many many local's can help me with the pfc, but if i get profiecient(sp?) with the aem, now i am the only experienced tuner around. At that point i then would have a mononpoly. LOL.

I hadn't heard about the aem igntion being faulty at all, are you suggesting the HKS is better, more reliable? Besides who needs high-flow cats, cats are over-rated, lol, just kidding.

Ty