TA special edition?

Total Sign

trevor with the 1st gen firebird???

and the first time i came out to hooters last year an old guy was sitting in one and i talked to him, then he told me he was leaving work and didn't hang out with the group of car guys that were there

Originally posted by HIgh Risk:

It is a sharp looking car, but I still think the 35th anniversary takes the cake.

No such thing. There is a 35th Anv. Camaro, but there is no 35th Anv. T/A, as they stopped making the F-body before the 35th would have been made (2004). The last special package would be the 2002 Collectors Edition T/A, which IMO is a little overdone on the graphics, and I'm not fond of the shade of yellow used on them. Not bad cars, and there are some bad-ass ones running around (like Mike Brown's 9 second stock shortblock CE).

I will say Trevors car gets some attention. I think I scared him in it the first time he let me drive it; I ran it harder than he ever had. :D I didn't hurt or abuse the car though, just let her open up a bit. Needs more mods.

Firebirds were out in 67, but Trans Ams were not made until 69. Therefore no 35th TA and why make an anniversary edition (mo money) of a 6 cylinder?

35th SS's got the checkered stripes and they put out those yellow Collectors edition TA's so they could take advantage of the Fbody nut/collector. I'll look for a pic of CE TA headrests to see if they have some embroidery on them.

Edit found the pic and the headrests have the firebird logo and say collectors edition.

CE TA pics and info

Originally posted by Mitch:

\Therefore no 35th TA and why make an anniversary edition (mo money) of a 6 cylinder?[/url]

6 cylinder; WTF are you talking about. Just because there were no 67-68 T/A's doesn't mean they were V6's. They were V8 cars, just called Firebirds.....would pretty much be considered Formulas had they not waited until the 2nd Gens to use that designation. 69 T/A's are rare and EXPENSIVE automobiles.

The CE can be considered a 35th Anv. Firebird, but GM for some reason decided to only celebrate one option package for Anniversary status on the Firebirds.

As far as special Anniversary T/A's go, the 20th takes the cake as far as how far they went with it.

I know pontiac made V8 birds 67-68, but the TA package was not released until 69. So when the general released in 99 a 30th anniversary TA, it was hard to badge a 35th anniversary V8 car 3 years later. The real 35th anniversary firebird in 2002 was a V6 so why go to the effort to make a 35th anniversary edition that is now a poor selling lowly 6 banger. Not a whole lot of takers for a more expensive V6 firebird in 2002. It all boils down to arguing about semantics, sorry if you thought I was disrespecting the early birds especially the 69's which as you said were rare and extremely desirable to collectors.

Dude, the sound of Trevors 69 has me jonesing for a big lopey cam so bad...

BTW ThunderRacing's cams are on sale until June 30, I'm very tempted, if I didn't think it would kill the resale value.