03/04 Cobra Mechanic Needed

Bigg Slimm

Originally posted by Crocostimpy:

Just warning the guy... I sure as hell would want to know if a shop that I was thinking of taking a $30k+ car to had just wrecked the exact same type of car.

And I didn't make any claims on Hensler racing and the type of work they do. graemlins/nonono.gif:rolleyes:

This is a good point. If you're going to drop off your car then you do need to consider more than just the work itself that is performed.

For example: You can have the best mechanics in town who each do A+ work, but if your shop is in a shitty part of town, I would think twice about leaving my car in that area, and as a potential customer I would appreciate knowing about "the other stuff that happens around there" before I left my baby in the care of another.

But its also good to get the entire story.

Eh, in this case that story is enough so that I would specify no outside contractors work on my car, and would also ask to see how they store and protect the cars off-hours. Both fair questions, even if asked because of an unfair story.

The only stupid question is the one you wished you had asked.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Mind if I ask what you're getting done?

transmission went out and possibly driveshaft. Not sure until I get the tranny out of the car, but I wanted someone who's familiar with these cars since the tanny has only been out 2 years.

Warranty was Voided on a stock car. Don't ask, but once I know for sure what's wrong with the tranny I will be addressing the voided warranty issue.

well once you tear into something warrenty is voided. if you havent tore into anything yet, i would talk to ford again.. maybe a different dealership or even call someone above dealership. i know someone that works for a parts a ford dealer and i will ask him and see what he says to do.

Guest COOKIE MONSTER
Talk to the district service rep first Do NOT let anyone but ford work on it. There are a million problems with those cars and ford knows it they Have to fix them. Call any dealership except KEIM they can give you the #. I just got a letter back from Ford about the concern they had about my problem....It may take awhile but they will fix it.Put it back to stock first.

I've talked to EVERYONE at Ford damn near including BILL FORD himself and they are standing by the dealer/ZONE REPS decision to NOT WARRANTY b/c of "misuse and abuse". The car has NEVER been MODDED.

To let Ford work on the car would cost me an arm & a leg, and I be DAMN if i'm going to give them any more of my money when they won't stand behind their own product.

Hell, I even talked to John Coletti.

Originally posted by 02CamaroSS:

All I have to say on this is if someone entrusts you with a vehicle to do work on it, and something happens to that vehicle (whether you do it directly, or someone you sub-contract does it) you should fix the vehicle the way the owner wishes it to be fixed, not fix it the cheapest way possible. Yes, he and the shop owner had an agreement. He was happy with this agreement. I remember telling him it sounds like the shop owner is really trying to make it right. Had the shop owner stuck to his original agreement with this Deputy of allowing Ricart to paint the bumper, and had he of started to work on the car all would have been well. Keep in mind this was a brand new car with 912 miles on it. Wouldn't you want your car fixed by someone you trust?

does it matter if Ricart(which subs body/paint work out anyway) any paint shop, my cousin paints the bumper, as long as it is done right?

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

does it matter if Ricart(which subs body/paint work out anyway) any paint shop, my cousin paints the bumper, as long as it is done right?

i can and i am in the proccess of tearing the monte apart to start painting it. i know that i could not match the paint as well as someone that paints for a living and for a dealership. there are alot of people out there that are awesome painters. its more or less who you prefere to get your car painted by. its like getting tattoos. i have my guy and really dont want anyone tattooing me. but there are a lot of good tattoo artist...

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

I am not trying to start an arguement or a debate over this, its already been done on the SVT forum. If it were my car, YES, it would matter. I only trust certain people, places, to do work on my cars. Look at it this way, if someone f's up your car, wouldn't you feel better having someone else who has always done you right fix it?

Accidents, mistakes, happen....Oh well. The point is the Deputy was happy with the original argeement and would have given him a chance to fix it. He decided to change the agreement and that is why the Deputy took his car back.