Car is down for the winter

Guest boostedeco

Guest boostedeco
Well car started smoking like a freight train so had to do a little research why. First i did a compression check and all check out good (thank god). Second just made sure all of the head bolts were tight. Check ok. So there was only one more thing that it could be. Seals are bad on the turbo. That is what i thought that it was from the beginning for the fact that the car was running great with no loss in power but smoking like crazy. And after driving it for a minute and walking around to the back of the car and seeing oil all over it i knew it was bad. Anyways going to see if i cant get it covered under warranty and possibly even upgrade to a bigger turbo. Maybe like a 60-1. Also when i was going for the one last joy ride i developed a little leak and i think that it is my rear main seal which in turn saturated my clutch and caused it to start slipping but it was being replace this winter anyways with another spec stage 3 so that don't really piss me off. So yeah i got some projects for the winter. But when it comes back out next year should be running over double the boost that i am running now (8-9 psi) tuned and all of the little things being fixed that i have been putting off

I feel your pain. I was just getting the 'Quest running correctly again when I lost a turbo seal. Only smokes bad on boost but, let's face it, that's when the magic happens. Its about time for all the toys to be put away for winter anyway. Save on those insurance premiums. Sorry to hear about your turbo though.

CJ

Guest boostedeco
the worst part about it was, i was heading down to edgewater saturday when it started doing it. Perfect nice cool day to do some runs and the car starts doing that half way down there. Oh well there is always the spring

Originally posted by 1 TRUE SS:

I got one for you! Just took out the 4L60 out of the truck on Saturday and that nigh my winter truck "Old Green" - "P.O.S." rear end blew up! So now I have two truck that are both dead!

If you are in need of a rear end, I've got a 9" off a bronco that should bolt right in. Just PM me if you're interested.

My Beater truck died on the way back from Cleveland with 1 ton worth of antique furniture in the bed!

My friend and I are going to try to fix the annoying "NO SPARK" issue that has happened to what is now my SECOND 73-87 Chevy truck :mad:redface.gif

Surprisingly, my Vette has been flawless (knock on wood) graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest boostedeco

^^^^^^^^^LOL.

At least my car that is down isn't my daily driver. Daily driver is a 88 cutlass supreme with over 213,000 miles on the clock. factory motor and tranny have never been rebuilt or anything. Only major problem that i have had with that car is i blew a headgasket about 3 years ago with me and the old man fixed in a weekend

Guest boostedeco
Yeah i think it is good and broke in. If i had another work car and i knew it was on it last limb i would have some fun with it. Let just say junkyard turbo setup. Would be fun and might beat a honda of 2 J/K

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Shit, my TOB has been making some racket since about 2 weeks after it was installed. Be a man!

HaHa, yeah...if i was home i'de still drive it. as it is i've been waiting for an excuse for a clutch upgrade w/flywheel as my stock dual-mass unit is about 493lbs. :eek: