Kabooom

iwishiwascool

Somehow, after being firmly in place for 2 months, My oil pan plug decided to leave itself on the freeway. Unfortunately, I didnt know this until it was too late. My fully built motor is no more.

I promised myself after the last time that I would never waste that kind of time and money again. And so I wont. The car is being parted and sold off. I expect to get back about 1/5 of the 19k I have put into it not including the buy price.

So it goes.

I will probably purchase another car next spring. Most likely something with twice as many cylinders.

how on earth did your drain plug back out? The only way i could see that happening is if it wasnt properly torqued down... Sucks that your engine died of starvation.

Just goes to show... a OIL PRESSURE guage is worth every penny graemlins/nod.gif

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

Just goes to show... a OIL PRESSURE guage is worth every penny graemlins/nod.gif

I am the poster child for freak accidents. I have no clue why it would back out.

http://www.iwishiwascool.net/cluster1.jpg

I do have an oil pressure gauge. It just happens to have started malfunctioning a bit ago, and I havent had a chance to fix it.