'07 Cobra Concept....

Boost-n-Juice

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/4ff6.jpg

-Supercharged 5.4L

-465HP, 495TQ

-Heavy duty 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual

-Live axle or IRS

-Around $30,000

Motor: 5.4 Supercharged, 3 valve heads (with HUGE valves), forged internals similar to the 4.6 (Crank, rods, etc), modestly rated (under rated actually) ~465 HP/495 lb ft Torque, using a twin screw S/C similar to that on the Ford GT but pullied differently, hence the lower HP. This motor was supposedly made official (in house only) just in the last few days.

Transmissions: 6 speed manuals standard with a heavy duty 5 speed auto (the tranny used on the Ford Superduty but programmed/geared differently) as an option in late '07 or the '08 M/Y

Suspensions: A re-engineered, heavy duty IRS will be an option with a modified 3 link/panhard bar-live axle setup as the standard rear axle. SVT will be going for the Road Race buyer as well as the straight line racer with both axles optional. However, the Axle options are not set in stone as of the moment but look highly likely to be approved. The Cobra will be lowered about 1.5" from a stock GT.

Bodywork: The retro theme will continue with a serious nod to the '67 Shelby. The fenders may be flared more than the standard '05 but that is not for certain as of now. The ducktail will be factory installed. Also, no convertible is planned for now but no reason was given other than concerns over chassis reliability due to the torque volume.

More rumors spreading around about this.

Originally posted by Wease:

Not bloody likely. Even if the rumors of the car and it's makeup are true, no way in hell would it cost in the $30K's. Try $40K's and above... graemlins/nod.gif

some people said that about the 03's :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Skidmark:

Why does Ford need a blower to make less hp than a vette..

it's called displacement and/or cubic inches, and it's understandable that you don't know about it, because you havent got any graemlins/finger.gif:D

Originally posted by Shrek:

it's called displacement and/or cubic inches, and it's understandable that you don't know about it, because you havent got any graemlins/finger.gif:D

Then why does Ford need a blower, twice the number of valves, 4x the number of cams, and a physically LARGER motor to make less HP while drinking more fuel?? Is that better for you?

No one likes the displacement argument, it is gay.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Then why does Ford need a blower, twice the number of valves, 4x the number of cams, and a physically LARGER motor to make less HP while drinking more fuel?? Is that better for you?

No one likes the displacement argument, it is

gay.

You have to remember guys that this is going to be an extremely detuned motor. That same motor with a smaller pulley and a chip will be putting down 6XX rwhp and close to 7XX RWTQ for very little $$.

Guest gs-rpower95
i was talking to a svt dealer and he said that right now roush is working with svt to try make the stage 3 supercharger be able to be under fords warranty. The 06 cobras will be out sometime between spring and fall around 45000 is what im being told

Originally posted by 88QRTPNDR:

i was talking to a svt dealer and he said that right now roush is working with svt to try make the stage 3 supercharger be able to be under fords warranty. The 06 cobras will be out sometime between spring and fall around 45000 is what im being told

I believe Ford said the Cobra won't be back until 07. And for 45k, I'd most definately be buying a C6 over that!!

I believe Ford said the Cobra won't be back until 07. And for 45k, I'd most definately be buying a C6 over that!!

$62,000 for a C6 w/500hp.

$45,000 for a Cobra w/465hp

$17,000 in savings. I'd take about $1000 of that in bolt-on's and a tune, and rape that C6

I think it looks like ass! Plus there is no way is hell creation I would take a freaking nasty looking thing like that over a C6 ... stock eaton blowers = yuck to me.. I would rather have a car thats going to hold that value a little better and not have a damn blower on it over one that doesnt have a blower and makes probably more HP by that year N/A that when you would put a blower on the C6 it would freaking fly.

Just my .02cents... but everyone has there own likes...lol

Originally posted by KBOND99:

$62,000 for a C6 w/500hp.

$45,000 for a Cobra w/465hp

$17,000 in savings. I'd take about $1000 of that in bolt-on's and a tune, and rape that C6

\

Did I say, Z06 C6?? Nope, just C6 coupe. It might be down on HP, but seeing what the GT's weigh now, and how the 03/04 Cobras were heavier than the 03/04 GT's.....see where I'm getting here. The HP advantage might now be able to make up for the weight disadvantage.

And if you want to compare a new Z06 to a Cobra, you'll be in a world of sadness. What it would take to make that Cobra just PERFORM overall equal to a new Z06 (not mentioning all of the other toys the car gets), you would spend more in aftermarket stuff than just buying a stock Z06.

And if you want to compare a new Z06 to a Cobra, you'll be in a world of sadness. What it would take to make that Cobra just PERFORM overall equal to a new Z06 (not mentioning all of the other toys the car gets), you would spend more in aftermarket stuff than just buying a stock Z06.

I respectfully disagree. Certainly, in straight-line performance, it wouldn't take much money for the 07 Cobra (given the specs we've been given) to compete, and beat out, the C6 Z06. Though, admittedly, you capitalized "perform," which makes me believe you were referring to more than just straight-line performance. There, I can agree, at least somewhat, though everytime someone uses the "but-it-can-go-around-corners-better-than-your-car" argument I can't help but think that same person thinks it's cooler for golfers to be good putters than to be long drivers. Sure, putting wins you money, but you are deemed far cooler for being able to drive it 300 yards plus.

Anyway, an easy way to end the argument, at least for me, is to say, "Uh, have you seen what the new Mustangs/Cobras look like?" I'd gladly pay $30,000 more just to not drive in something that looks like the new Mustangs.

Originally posted by Venomss:

I respectfully disagree. Certainly, in straight-line performance, it wouldn't take much money for the 07 Cobra (given the specs we've been given) to compete, and beat out, the C6 Z06. Though, admittedly, you capitalized "perform," which makes me believe you were referring to more than just straight-line performance. There, I can agree, at least somewhat, though everytime someone uses the "but-it-can-go-around-corners-better-than-your-car" argument I can't help but think that same person thinks it's cooler for golfers to be good putters than to be long drivers. Sure, putting wins you money, but you are deemed far cooler for being able to drive it 300 yards plus.

Anyway, an easy way to end the argument, at least for me, is to say, "Uh, have you seen what the new Mustangs/Cobras look like?" I'd gladly pay $30,000 more just to not drive in something that looks like the new Mustangs.

I agree completly with Venomss. The new Cobra with some bolt-ons will have no trouble with a stock Z06 in a straight line, anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken. You need look no further than what the Kenne Bell Lightnings are doing to know this is true. They are running tens with upper 120 trap speeds and that's in a 4700lb truck with more restrictive heads than the new Cobra. The Z06 however will have no trouble beating on just about any car out there including the Cobra in any other form of racing and would be more than a match for the Cobra if it were spraying.