I knew better.........

nismo

Originally posted by MJ:

Sorry to hear about that Doug. I know from what I have read, that you have put a lot of time and money into that thing.

But seriously, it is just a car. It can be fixed. Who gives a fuck about material posessions. Think if she was seriously injured or even died- then the amount of damage to the car would make no difference to you. Be thankful that she wasn't hurt. And- if your car means more to you than she does, find another girlfriend. No offense but you are wasting each other's time.

I don't really know you... we were gonna race and we have traded PM's a few times, but that seems really shallow to me. Don't get me wrong, it's a miserable feeling to know that the car is fucked up, especially after how hard you have worked. When it comes down to it, it is JUST a car. A tv is just a tv. A bracelet is just a bracelet. I can't think of anything more important to me than my loved ones.

I know you are angry, but just take a deep breath and try to calm down a little. Just look at this as a learning experience, not as something so terrible. She/you have insurance, it will get fixed.

Maybe for a second think about how you would feel if she died driving your car. It coulda been way worse, mang.

Instant message me if you want to know more of my opinion/experiences, mjeosu27 on aol.

Take care :cool:

Let me go take your car out for a spin, and let me roll it in a ditch. Then I want you to come back here and tell me "it's just a car, it can be fixed."

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Let me go take your car out for a spin, and let me roll it in a ditch. Then I want you to come back here and tell me "it's just a car, it can be fixed."

As long as you don't get hurt, come get the keys smile.gif

Thanks for all the support guys. I have been without power for the last 4 days so I couldn't respond.

I'm glad my girl was not hurt and I have calmed down. I'm not gonna do the insurance thing,we're just gonna buy the fenders and bumper I was going to get anyway and just repair it all when I do the swap. Hell I'm going to drop a few seconds off the e.t. and look better doing it :D .

She was right along with some of you who responded,,,it is a car and can be replaced, people can't. Being without heat,water and power for the last few days really humbled me and from now on I'm gonna try to look at things differently and also try to calm my temper some.

You will always be faced with problems in life,,the way you handle them makes you who you are!

Originally posted by Jelloman457:

we just had a totaled late 90s ser come to my work. it made me think it was your car until i remembered yours is balck and this is red

What is going to happen to it? Hows the front end?

Consider this yall, any of you that made silly comments about the car being more important, or how pissed you would be and pimpin her out or what ever. How about I swing by and lay the pipe to your wife/ gf/ significant other. After all I ain't asking to drive your car, I just want to pork your woman. It should be ok, right, since it's not your car or anything like that.

Car repairs are cheap compaired to medical bills, she didn't kill anyone including herself. I am glad to see that Nismo see's that now. Get the beater going again. I am betting that she packed it up with ice and snow. Tear it down, get it driveable and let her drive it wrecked for a while. Her friends will all see her rollin in a busted car ands that is punishment enough.

I think it's more of the fact that she tried to just write it off without acknowleding the fact that she fucked up on it tho.

Of course the people are going to be more important, but it's that same feeling if you are a parent, you hear your child got into a wreck. You check and make sure they're allright, thank god or whatever deity you worship that they are, THEN you tear into them if they were doing something completely moronic . Yes, a material possesion is just that - but trying to just say "oh im cool tho so be happy!^_^" Without taking the responsibility of fucking something up, THATS what would piss me off.

T.c.

Guest MlnknprkrM
Originally posted by MJ:

Sorry to hear about that Doug. I know from what I have read, that you have put a lot of time and money into that thing.

But seriously, it is just a car. It can be fixed. Who gives a fuck about material posessions. Think if she was seriously injured or even died- then the amount of damage to the car would make no difference to you. Be thankful that she wasn't hurt. And- if your car means more to you than she does, find another girlfriend. No offense but you are wasting each other's time.

I don't really know you... we were gonna race and we have traded PM's a few times, but that seems really shallow to me. Don't get me wrong, it's a miserable feeling to know that the car is fucked up, especially after how hard you have worked. When it comes down to it, it is JUST a car. A tv is just a tv. A bracelet is just a bracelet. I can't think of anything more important to me than my loved ones.

I know you are angry, but just take a deep breath and try to calm down a little. Just look at this as a learning experience, not as something so terrible. She/you have insurance, it will get fixed.

Maybe for a second think about how you would feel if she died driving your car. It coulda been way worse, mang.

Instant message me if you want to know more of my opinion/experiences, mjeosu27 on aol.

Take care :cool:

Obviously, she was ok. Im sure that he saw that and that that was his first concern. But once he realized that she was ok, he moved onto the next thing. Yeah, it could have been worse, but it wasnt. Different people have different values for different things, Im not saying that I dont care about my family, cause I do, but they also know how much my car means to me and how upset I would be if it got stolen/wrecked/whatever. For her to say "Its just a car" to someone that she knows is this big of a car enthusiast is just whack IMO.