Attn: GM gurus...I have a question

Guest jpurdy2003

Guest jpurdy2003

I have an opportunity to purchase a early to mid-80's Pontiac Sunbird turbo convertible. It is in perfect condition except for a blown head gasket, and the lot wants $400 obo.

1. What more information can you all give me about this car? HP, torque, MPG, 1/4 mile times, weight? I'm not lazy, I just don't know where to find this info.

2. How hard and expensive is it to replace the head gasket if I do it myself?

3. Since the body, interior, and top are perfect, how much is this car worth if I fix the head gasket and try to sell it?

4. Would this make a bad daily beater?

edit: there will be pics later tonight

its a 1.8L motor of south american manufacture I managed to toss a rod thru the block on an N/A version of the same motor. it would probably make a decent daily with the HG fixed shouldn't be any harder than any other fwd 4cyl to fix depending on the miles and condition you could get 1200-1500 out of it just because its a vert and kinda rare.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Jack Pee:

I'm putting down a deposit tomorrow. Wish me luck.

A cute little convertible like that will get you a lot of dick, Jack! graemlins/gay.gif

j/k I'm being an graemlins/asshole.gif

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by doggunracing:

Oh yeah, 150 hp.

How much does it weigh? I think this car might be a good device to scare the shit out of the local rice population. Is this like most turbocharged cars, where big gains can come from just a K&N, 2.5" catback, fuel pump, and MBC? Or am I thinking too much like a DSM'er?