audi s4 questions

Chad is Dead

Trouble Maker...could we be looking past the obvious here...the one thing that I keep thinking and havn't posted yet...is that he could have a pair of worn out diverter valves causing boost leak and poor perforamnce yet no CEL. the first thing I did on my 1.8t was change the diverter valve when I picked it up at 60K miles and it made a noticeable difference???...then again..you'd probably hear the boost leak???...just doesn't make sense.

Guest bigcmm1921
Hey whats up, im the guy with the S4 everyones talking about. What should i say to the dealer when i go in? And what if they say nothing is wrong should i take it to the auto assets and see what they say? b/c if the turbos are blown i cant afford to fix that now and its B.S. if they sold me an S4 with blown turbos even if the car does haev 70k miles

Take it back to where you bought it and advise that the car does not feel to be performing up to specifications for that model and you'd like to have it checked out and see if they'll cover it since you just purchased it there...they should give you an honest evaluation if anything is wrong but then again they should have done that before they put it on the lot as well. Do you mind me asking where you bought it? I know a tech up at Byers that might be able to help out in insuring an honest opinion if that's where you bought it. If you know anyone with a G-tech pro that you might be able to borrow in order to give yourself some insight on the current performance on the car that could be a way of doing some more evaluation yourself as well.

If that doesn't work out Auto Assets is an option as they do pleanty of work on the cars...but having to pay someone to tell you your car is fine is never the greatest feeling in the world either....but I'd trust their opinion on the car more than anyone else in the area...they truely do top notch work.

If you want to come up to the Polaris area one night and put it on the g-tech I've got the old school unit but it should give you a good idea of where the car standa performance wise if all else fails.

Andy

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

Take it back to where you bought it and advise that the car does not feel to be performing up to specifications for that model and you'd like to have it checked out

^^What he said.^^

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

Trouble Maker...could we be looking past the obvious here...the one thing that I keep thinking and havn't posted yet...is that he could have a pair of worn out diverter valves causing boost leak and poor perforamnce yet no CEL. the first thing I did on my 1.8t was change the diverter valve when I picked it up at 60K miles and it made a noticeable difference???...then again..you'd probably hear the boost leak???...just doesn't make sense.

Could be, but that won't show up on a pressure test either. Mine are starting to go bad, I have a pair of 710n's sitting ready to go in though.

Can you hear the 'bov's' when you shift (at high load, high rpm), you really shouldn't hear anything. If you hear anything that sounds like a weird noise, almost like an uber whoopoie cushion, they are going bad. You would defintely hear it when you shifted.

Originally posted by Chad is Dead:

troublemaker are you the guy w/ the silver s4 that came out when we were riding that one day? If so how far are you from that spot. Maybe we could meet up there and compare the cars.

Yes I was. I live on the westside of town but it only takes me about 25 minutes to get to that spot. We could always meet somewhere inbettwen off of the high way. Just make sure it's sometime there isn't going to be very much traffic so we can just go out on the highway.

Guest bigcmm1921
I didnt get it from Byer's. But from the other large import dealer in central ohio if you know what I mean. Im taking the car up today, hopefully they'll tell me the diverter valves are gone and im losing boost. i duno what im gonna do if the turbos are shot. Thanks guys for the heads up

He told me the dealership said a hose was not connected what so ever and that was killing his perfomance and he said after they fixed it he could definately tell a difference. But hes also taking it to auto assets on friday to make sure its all good and possibly get a chip....tulo he said he talked to you and said you had a nice ride....whenever i meeet you, ill buy you a couple brews...thanks for the heads up manF!!!

Guest bigcmm1921
went to auto assets today and found the other problem. the Y pipe that takes the boost to the engine had come detached so they hooked it back on and wow. very impressed by the S4 stock. BIG difference in acceleration. Now i just need new valves and a chip, they say chpping it will take the boost to 18-24 psi, cant wait to feel that difference. Hopefully from there ill add an intake and exhaust and be ready to go.