Need LT1 Help, Suggestions...

UNV MI Z

Okay, car has been down for 2 years now due to spun main bearings. I pulled the motor a couple of months after in hopes of building a stroker motor. I have slowly pieced some items together, but I have put the car on the back burner trying to get bills and things paid off.

Anyways, I have a lead on an stock LT1 out of a 94 in good running condition. The price is right but I am trying to figure out exactly what to do. I have a set of LT1 heads that I sent out and had CNC work done with springs valves etc.. Plus I have a CC EE cam specs are 236/242 on 112 lobe seperation. I also have a hot cam kit. So, should I buy the stock motor and just drop in car and be done. Or should I put my heads and one of my cams on the new motor?? I have been out of this for a while, but wouldn't the EE cam be way to big for stock bottom end? Would I be better of with the Hot cam and my heads?

Then wouldn't I need a set of headers to fully reap the benefits of the new heads? I have a borla cat-back, but no headers. Stock maifolds are going to be way to restrictive,right? I am trying to do this for as little money as possible, but I really want my car back. Also, if I went with new heads and one of the bigger cams, what kind of tuning issues am I looking at. Where should I get tuning done and how much?? Basically I am trying to get my car running again, but I figured I had some parts laying around that I might as well use. I just don't know what my best option is. I encourage all opinions, I need advice.

Please help.

Thanks,

Seth

Well you hate to do stuff twice. I'd put the big cam in w/ the CNC'd heads. Then save for headers later. You could also sell the stock heads,other cam, and maybe even your Borla and get a cheap set of headers and different exhaust..

I have a friend w/ a 95 Z who could throw a tune in there for ya for a good price. You could look around for a tune for a similar setup and he could program it for ya.. or you could let him fiddle w/ it for you..