One of those Questions

Kevin R.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

'04 -> 260 +05hp = ~265hp

'94 -> 215 +20hp = ~235hp

Gears in the auto aren't going to make up for the hp and 5 speed, IMO.

gears surprisingly make a decent difference... when I went from 2.73 to 4.10 it gave me .3 tenths in the 1/4

Dig. I'm guessing he will be able to get the power to the ground because he just bought the car. I just got my gears in and as everyone knows after your first gear change, you dont have much tires left. haha.

Damn, he is always talkin shit. Must...make...car...faster.

Originally posted by Shitaro:

gears surprisingly make a decent difference... when I went from 2.73 to 4.10 it gave me .3 tenths in the 1/4

I understand the power of gears. smile.gif

I have probably changed the S-10's gears more often than anyone on here... everything from 3.27s on 31" tires to 4.56s on 29" tires.

I still don't think the 3.73s will push the auto ahead. The '94 may have started with 2.73s, but may also have had 3.08s or 3.27s.

04, and very easily, assuming equal drivers.

I daily drive a loaded 94 GT 5-speed. O/R H-pipe w/ Flowmaster exhaust, homemade CAI, underdrive pullies, B&M shifter, 97 Cobra rims, March crank pulley. Basically the same mods except 5-speed, stock gears, but has a CAI. This car isn't very fast, and a bone stock 99+ GT would walk all over it. I'd guestimate high 14's, low 15's.