Trying to locate anyone with a VAG tool to pull some codes..

Moe7

I've had a couple people over on another forum offer to help me, but I haven't been able to get back in contact with them. Anyone have a VAG tool that could help me out pretty soon?

Morgan

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

i dont know about every auto zone but the one here if you go in they will run a diagnostic on it for you for free.

I didn't think they had the tool to pull codes from a VW/Audi, but I will call to make sure later on.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

maybe try calling the lion's den. :D

I was wondering who was gonna be the first to say something like that.. should've known it'd be Berto graemlins/slap.gif

I run an Advance auto store... I'm pretty sure that AutoZone has the same scan tool we do, which is capable of reading VW/Audi, we just don't have the appropriate cable(s). You might try calling around.

Guest powers
yes again ANY car sold in the us after 96 uses a standard dianogstic port AKA OBDII. Any autozone can pull and clear your check engine codes. Yes is applies to VW and Audi stuff too trust me on this one. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

yes again ANY car sold in the us after 96 uses a standard dianogstic port AKA OBDII. Any autozone can pull and clear your check engine codes. Yes is applies to VW and Audi stuff too trust me on this one. graemlins/thumb.gif

True, they can. The fault description is not always right.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Mericet:

True, they can. The fault description is not always right.

anyone who goes by the description and not the code has a few things to learn still. Any OBDII will give you the same info that a VAG-COM will give you. Trust me I have pulled more than my share of VW AUDI codes. go to auto zone clear the code. Drive around see if the condition persists. If it does now go back find the trouble code call the dealer or if you have a bentley manual look it up and repair the problem.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Mallard:

You drive a N/A 240...I thought you already had a vag..

Fixed that for you. I'm pretty sure there at least 3 240s here that would happily hand you your FWD, t25 ass. :D

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

Morgan, I believe that if you go to the Ross-tech website they have a message borad and a locator of registered users in the area that have the software...you can then contact them to see if they can help.

Yea, I've had 3 different people offer to help me read my codes, but its been almost 2 days and none of them have gotten back to me yet.. I think I'm gonna just check out Autozone and hope they have more time today.

The car is driving fine now, but I'd really like to know whats going on before doing so.. Audi's aren't very forgiving!