R-12 AC systems

ohio_wookie

Wow...I really got owned didn't I? :rolleyes:

I never said I was 100% positive...however r-414a is approved under EPA's SNAP but it does require XH-9 desiccant (same used in 134a and can be used with R12). If the vehicle is an older model (not quite sure on the years...pre 1980?) it needs to have barrier hoses and right hand threaded service ports installed. And no I didn't copy that from a website. Sorry I don't know every refrigerant approved/not approved for automotive use. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by el aguila:

Wow...I really got owned didn't I? :rolleyes:

I never said I was 100% positive...however r-414a is approved under EPA's SNAP but it does require XH-9 desiccant (same used in 134a and can be used with R12). If the vehicle is an older model (not quite sure on the years...pre 1980?) it needs to have barrier hoses and right hand threaded service ports installed. And no I didn't copy that from a website. Sorry I don't know every refrigerant approved/not approved for automotive use. :rolleyes:

im just saying dont go into someones thread and start posting shit like "i think thomas jefferson was black, and related to the people on that one show." when you can just simply spen 2 minutes on google to find out if your wrong.