YZF600R Trans/clutch Probs.

Guest Crucial Conflict

Guest Crucial Conflict

Not sure if anyone's an ace with trans/clutch probs, but here's the deal.

this bike(98'600R) was involved in a lowside crash with a few flips, gear shift is bent towards the case not bad though. I have tension in the clutch cable but it's like the clutch isn't engaging or stuck open. with the bike "off" you through it down in 1st and roll it and there is some resistance but it doesn't lock in first, it's like I have 6 nuetrals!

I broke the clutch case open to peep it out and the clutch fibers looked great, the steels had some moisture to them cause this thing sat outside for a year. I noticed on the rear of the clutch basket(the one with the fingers)has several deep scratches all the way around. But thats as far as I've got'n.. Anyone have any ideas?

first try adjusting it by the hand lever. if that does nothing, has the clutch cover been off then back on where it might have not been aligned right, has to be aligned (easy to do just match up some pins in there)

if thats not the case something probably happend to the shift shaft where its not enganging the gears right.

Guest Crucial Conflict
I just hope it isn't shift forks! I'm going to get into deep tonight, remove the clutch cover again and recheck and might even go from the other side by the shift shaft..

Guest Crucial Conflict
I have gears engaging now, changed a detent spring and made some other adjustments. I'll post some pics of this shitbox of a bike, #1stunna!

Guest Crucial Conflict

I Knew it, them Pigs are going to pay!!

I adjusted some more shit last night and took it out to run it, cause it's been sitting for 2yrs, and it just needed to get hot and now I have all gears. This bike has been a headache but you can't beat a 98' YZF600R for $400, and I'm just stunt'n it anyway.

Anyone know how to bypass the kickstand sensor??

Originally posted by Olds4EveR:

Anyone know how to bypass the kickstand sensor??

If you can't figure it out you probably shouldn't be working on the bike.

Look around where the kickstand goes in to see where the mechanical to electrical actuator is at (probably just a switch?). Get a volt meter and see what it does (electrically) when the kick stand is down and see what it does when it's up. Wire the bike up so that what happens when the kickstand is up is what happens all of the time.

I'm guessing it's just a switch that gets depressed and coneects two wires. So you'll just have to figure out the two wires going to and from that switch and connect them together instead of them going to the switch. But I've never really worked on bikes before so I've never done anything with the kickstand switch on any bikes.

Guest Crucial Conflict

I've fixed everything so far? Beats gett'n raped by any shop around town! I just cut the tab off the kickstand that press's the button on the sensor.

I had two good days with it, and then dumped it on Sunday off a 12 w/no bar... Broke RT clip on, and front brake handle.

Guest Crucial Conflict

The plunger on the sensor was gett'n hung up, killing the bike every time you shifted into 1st with stand up or down, but there's this move were skid the bike to the right and jump off and leave the bike on the stand.

This is a stunt bike, no title and one big piece of shit!