Dual Sport riders???

Akula

My neighbor let me take out a DR 200 the other day but I wasn't impressed with the power. I thought about maybe a Honda XR650-L but I have never driven one. Anyone have a Dual-Sport? I have driven mostly sport bikes (1 liter exotics really) and the power in the 200 made me yawn pretty quickly.

I dont know how much you are looking to spend, but BMW has some sick dual sport bikes. They have big boys like an 1100 and 1200.

When you get up into the 650s, they are definitely more fun than a 200, very torquey.

Really any enduro bike will probably make you yawn when comparing them to a supersport. They are two completely different machines. redface.gif

I just need something that will go over 70 on the freeway and be powerful enough to get around in the woods.

I used to work for BMW so I am familiar with their bikes. The 1150GS is a bit too expensive for what I want.

Guest xxxyyyzzz
A 650 dual sport is usually geared low enough to rip right off-idle, but they blow around alot on the freeway, less if you trim back the front fender. You'd have to ride one to really decide. I thought I'd like one, but eventually learned they're not for me. You might be the opposite.