can anyone polish my wheels for me?

Guest Beckett

Guest Beckett
have a 99 r6 with stock wheels. looking to get them polished within the next few weeks. was just wondering if anyone on here could do it for me. looking to get a ballpark figure? also, would I just be able to bring the wheels over with the tires still on them? let me know guys. thanks!

this might be alittle strange to you but i drive a dump truck and i have big chrome wheels that are hard to take car of, there is a guy that works out of his car at the truck stop at rt 36 and 71 witch is north of 270 he does my truck wheels for 5 bucks a wheel, he said he would do car wheels for 8 bucks a wheel, he is good and he uses a buffer, not done by hand. if your interested pm me and i can give you more detail.

Originally posted by GT-TITAN:

this might be alittle strange to you but i drive a dump truck and i have big chrome wheels that are hard to take car of, there is a guy that works out of his car at the truck stop at rt 36 and 71 witch is north of 270 he does my truck wheels for 5 bucks a wheel, he said he would do car wheels for 8 bucks a wheel, he is good and he uses a buffer, not done by hand. if your interested pm me and i can give you more detail.

umm yeah his wheels are black.. and they are cast aluminum. i think he will need a little more than a dude working out of a truck wiht a buffer. polishing wheels takes a bit of time and alot... alot of sading. duin jsut the lips is pretty easy.. tape off the rest of the wheel and se some paint stripper on the lip. then light sand and buff wiht a metal polish to a shine.

well i guess you think you know all about doing wheels, this guy and his buffer does great work he has a few diff types of buffers, diff compounds and i have seen him take a wheel that you think is gone and make it look good again, (THE HOLE WHEEL NOT THE LIP) if the wheels are a paint and not a chrome finish then yes you are right, they will need more then just a good buffing so before you go knocken a guy and his buffer you might want to know his work. and im just trying to help this guy out i don't think we need your two cents unless you can help. so thanks

Originally posted by GT-TITAN:

well i guess you think you know all about doing wheels, this guy and his buffer does great work he has a few diff types of buffers, diff compounds and i have seen him take a wheel that you think is gone and make it look good again, (THE HOLE WHEEL NOT THE LIP) if the wheels are a paint and not a chrome finish then yes you are right, they will need more then just a good buffing so before you go knocken a guy and his buffer you might want to know his work. and im just trying to help this guy out i don't think we need your two cents unless you can help. so thanks

The wheels are powdercoated. The back wheel also has small machined grooves that would need sanded out. All hoblick was saying is that a buffer and any compound wont cut it. I'm sure your dude does good work if the wheels were polished at one point. ;)