Stank ass carpet (need cardboard lines, if they exist).

Trouble Maker

Sister bought a car (parents bought it for her actually) and the guy who sold it to them had the car detailed, put the mats pack in, put plastic mats back on them, shit molded. My mom talked to someone who said there's probably carpet, then pading, then some liners that are made out of cardboard. That something similar happened to them and they took it all out, cleaned everything and got new cardboard thingeys and it was fine.

Anyone (maybe body shop guys), know if a 98 Mitsu. Galant has anything like this I would need to get and could hook a brotha up?

Riping this carpet out is going to be a pain in the ass consider it shouldn't need to be done. Makes me want to pimp smack the guy they bought it from. He masked the smell pretty well when they bought it, and told them as they were walking out to the car about what he did. Have allready tried to get it steam claned, smell showed back up as soon as the odor masking perfuem went away.

Try a 50/50 mix of water and Woolite. Put it in a spray bottle, use an upholestry brush to scrub the carpet. The easiest way to check what the floor consists of is to pull up a section of it in the footwell. Ususally it's just carpet and a little bit of padding (if any).