ring compressor

fush

Can anyone point me to somewhere I can purchase a ring compressor for a honda engine (81mm piston size)? Also any recommendations on a local shop to get a crank polished and possibly get some honing done?

-jeff

Check out Columbus Colweld for the crank work and honing. They do most of that type of internal work for some of our race engines, very professional, and always done on time.

I would recommend having the crank polished, sized, and magnafluxed (crack checked) by them all at the same time if you are going to have it worked on. You can find them in the phone book. They are located next to ERS (engine rebuilders supply) just south of downtown, down the street from 3-C.

[ 29 May 2002, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Renner ]

if you need a ring compressor get one from any parts store or hardware store, there are two styles one with handles (kinda looks like a oil filter wrench) and the other is a sleeve with a crank on it thats turned with a allen wrench...

CC is good they do a lot of work for the local dealerships in columbus, you can also try Fowlers Engines there number is 258-2924