Nelson Ledges

owndjoo

Well, Had my first race on the 600 and as an expert this weekend. The forks are all jacked up and we have to run the preload cranked in to get my sag right, plus i'm just bottoming the shit outta them on the brakes and sometimes mid corner. anyway, i walked away with three top tens including in saturday's 20 lap Solo with 24 riders. Gettin the forks fixed this week and gettin the bike mapped for U4. Shit's pretty serious when you get those white plates... And I didnt see the F&S crew up there. did you guys make it?

Well, Had my first race on the 600 and as an expert this weekend. The forks are all jacked up and we have to run the preload cranked in to get my sag right, plus i'm just bottoming the shit outta them on the brakes and sometimes mid corner. anyway, i walked away with three top tens including in saturday's 20 lap Solo with 24 riders. Gettin the forks fixed this week and gettin the bike mapped for U4. Shit's pretty serious when you get those white plates... And I didnt see the F&S crew up there. did you guys make it?

A buddy of mine was racing this weekend there. Ofcourse I haven't talked to him since to find out how he did though. :dunno:

i've got the Ohlins 25mm cartridges up front and the new Ohlins TTX36 shock in the rear. All built be Thermosman in Georgia. The springs in the forks are too soft for my style/weight and Thermosman is gonna readjust them again.

Cool. Thats what I guessing. I just got new springs in the front that are better for my weight. Makes a HUGE difference! That will be sweet once you are all setup. It will be like a new bike again!! :banana::banana:

Cool. Thats what I guessing. I just got new springs in the front that are better for my weight. Makes a HUGE difference! That will be sweet once you are all setup. It will be like a new bike again!! :banana::banana:

yea, i spent a lot of money on these forks, and they didnt work. So i'm shippin them back to the guy to inspect them again and make sure he didnt screw anything up. So it BETTER be perfect when they come back

yea, i spent a lot of money on these forks, and they didnt work. So i'm shippin them back to the guy to inspect them again and make sure he didnt screw anything up. So it BETTER be perfect when they come back

DAmn I would be pissed!!! Who did the work for you ?

Thermosman, the best suspension guy in the country. He's been real good about this, he's actually pretty baffled at why they aren't working correctly. So he's going completely through them.

damn J, sorry to hear that! Hope you guys can make it out this weekend. I'll be up at Grattan. If you need anything just give me a holler. we should all go out to eat sometime, the father/son group. haha :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get your suspension sorted out? This isn't the first time that I've heard of Thermosman putting in too soft of springs on his inital try. The good news is that he always stands behind his work with great customer service.

Did you get your suspension sorted out? This isn't the first time that I've heard of Thermosman putting in too soft of springs on his inital try. The good news is that he always stands behind his work with great customer service.

People need to start using my dood more. He is fucking awesome!!!! He has raced many years in his life- knows what works good and what doesnt. He isnt very expensive compared to some people either.

People need to start using my dood more. He is fucking awesome!!!! He has raced many years in his life- knows what works good and what doesnt. He isnt very expensive compared to some people either.

so.....who's your dude? Local I'm taking it?

Kinda local. Ha. He is opening Ducati of Indianapolis and it is scheduled to open in the next month. He is usually up here in C-bus 2-3 times a month. Even if shipping must be used, here and indy are close and both are major cities. 2 day shipping on forks is about 20-30,usually about 25.

No offense Yota but your guy may know his stuff but you dont have the experience with racing and setting up race suspension to back him up like that.. Im all for supporting good people but when it comes to racing suspension I think someone needs to have the experience to stand up for someone else....

just my .02

Realize that I am talking about someone who is actually racing and not just getting their suspension set up for their weight for street riding and the occasional track day. For the average rider, I would definatley say to give your buddy a call.

yea there are only a few people that i would trust with my suspension. I know of someone over there in Indy, Matt Carr. He and another guy were running Section 8 superbikes before. Big Duc guy, builds some motors as well. Really kickass dude.

Matt Carr you say...I hear that guy is a badass... Well what do you know, thats my doood! Haha. Yea, him and Jason had section 8 going. Matt really knows his shit, hands down. Drew, let me know if you ever need any services :D:banana:

No offense Yota but your guy may know his stuff but you dont have the experience with racing and setting up race suspension to back him up like that.. Im all for supporting good people but when it comes to racing suspension I think someone needs to have the experience to stand up for someone else....

just my .02

Realize that I am talking about someone who is actually racing and not just getting their suspension set up for their weight for street riding and the occasional track day. For the average rider, I would definatley say to give your buddy a call.

Didn't even read this until now. Ha. I think it is funny that you are basically indirectly saying that my dude doesnt know his shit... How the hell would/do you know? :wtf: Matt has more expeirence with racing than anyone on this board, or than anyone you prolly know. TRUE STORY!

All I have been trying to do is help people out with a good setup. If I thought the guy didnt know what he was doing, I wouldnt recommend him. Oh well. :roll:

just my .02

Didn't even read this until now. Ha. I think it is funny that you are basically indirectly saying that my dude doesnt know his shit... How the hell would/do you know? :wtf: Matt has more expeirence with racing than anyone on this board, or than anyone you prolly know. TRUE STORY!

All I have been trying to do is help people out with a good setup. If I thought the guy didnt know what he was doing, I wouldnt recommend him. Oh well. :roll:

Calm down fury boy... I never said your guy didnt know his stuff.. I just stated that for recomending someone for racing application suspension setups, I think that that person should have the first hand racing experience to back it up. Re-read my post and you will see where I said that I agree that people should use your guy for general suspension setups. Even the guy needing the setup said that there are very few people that he would trust setting up his racing suspension. Lots of people can setup suspension but there are not alot of people out there that are money when it comes to dialing it a good racing suspension.

Just so happens that your guy happens to be one of those guys that knows his shit. thats great. I dont know him and havent heard his name so my statement was not directed at him or his business.. It was a general statement about suspension setups..