Custom Exhaust Tubing??

89Z24

Unfourtnatly there is nowhere that makes a bolt on cat back kit for my car well at least not w/ 2.5 piping. So im going to have to get some custom bent. Does anyone know somewhere around here that will do it on a teenagers budget???

Call Steve @ Tube Tech. The number is 614-529-4130. He can mandrel bend new piping for you, but you have to have a guide for him (your old exhaust will do if you will use the same pipe routing).He can also do stainless. Later.

BTW, I'm not sure how much he will charge you so Icannot say for sure if it will be in your budget........

[ 10 June 2002, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: slow4now ]

I have a friend in Marysville who can mandrel bend pipe up to 3". I am having him bend my intercooler piping, so i can post pics sometime to let you know how it came out. He does all the bending for his and his daughters dirt race cars rollcages. Very nice work, and as long as the pipe is kept under 3" the bends are very smooth. He said that even with the proper dies, the larger pipe tends to flatten out a tad. So the bends will resemble the bends avalible through Advance or AutoZone, ust without the wrinkles.

I can get his number for you if you would like.

Originally posted by More Tools Than Columbus Racing:

I have a friend in Marysville who can mandrel bend pipe up to 3". I am having him bend my intercooler piping, so i can post pics sometime to let you know how it came out. He does all the bending for his and his daughters dirt race cars rollcages. Very nice work, and as long as the pipe is kept under 3" the bends are very smooth. He said that even with the proper dies, the larger pipe tends to flatten out a tad. So the bends will resemble the bends avalible through Advance or AutoZone, ust without the wrinkles.

I can get his number for you if you would like.

Sounds like he uses a pipe bender, not a mandrel bender.........

yes, and NHRA wants you to mandrel bend the cages....right.

No, he has a mandrel bender, i think there is something about the dies that he has. I am not sure, he did 3 inch exhaust on my old mustang (now his) and it turned out good. I dont know....