98 pontiac grand am

Guest drifter

Guest drifter
its a car of my friends. it an all show car and he wants some stuff powder coated on the engine. and at the same time he wanted to go ahead and have the intake work done to it. someone told him that it would ruin somthin n the heads?? ive never heard of this though

i dont know where you hered that porting your heads will ruin them. but you cant go wild with the ports they are thin. but you can smooth out the castings and the intake ports. you do not want to change the shape of the ports this will have a neg. effect on the flow efficiency. bacicly all you will be doing is what is reffered to as a pocket port. some power is also found when you port under the valves. some heads are real restrictive there. as far as the t/b goes do a search on z-24 cavilers, i seen a ready to install bored t/b on one of those sites. GM sells a real nice cam for those motors also. think turbo for some nice power. buckeye has a perfect one for that swap

Guest drifter
Originally posted by boostedgtp:

What is a C4R?

ill post a pic of it..

graemlins/pics.gif

but on the grand am iv never heard of this so if none of you guys have i think hes gonna go ahead and do it. by the way its the intake not the heads :D