Honda Question?????

RedLudeSH

I believe you are correct in tuning about 10 more HP with the AFC. I have done it with an S-AFC on my previous car, although it was turboed.

If it works the same as the S-AFC, and you know what your safe A/F ratio is, I could help/show you. Just let me know when and where you get your dyno, with wideband O2, scheduled.

Mike

step 1, get the right tools

you'll need at a minimum

a) dyno time

b) a wideband (usually can be provided by your fav dyno tuner) - our fav dyno master is Brian, mr mobile dyno himself - see this thread -- http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000594

step 2

Get your car on the Dyno, make a run, look at your graphs of hp, and a/f ratios, and click the little buttons up and down on your new toy (AFC) until your ratio is near target across the rpm range. compare your first dyno graph to your last dyno graph and smile at the gained HP increase - all done. Not alot of magic to it when you are just tweaking AFR's via a device like the AFC.

Bring me a standalone ECU (Motec, AEM, PFC, Haltech) and then we can start having fun... smile.gif

K

Originally posted by MoreRiceThanCR:

step 1, get the right tools

you'll need at a minimum

a) dyno time

b) a wideband (usually can be provided by your fav dyno tuner) - our fav dyno master is Brian, mr mobile dyno himself - see this thread -- http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000594

step 2

Get your car on the Dyno, make a run, look at your graphs of hp, and a/f ratios, and click the little buttons up and down on your new toy (AFC) until your ratio is near target across the rpm range. compare your first dyno graph to your last dyno graph and smile at the gained HP increase - all done. Not alot of magic to it when you are just tweaking AFR's via a device like the AFC.

Bring me a standalone ECU (Motec, AEM, PFC, Haltech) and then we can start having fun... smile.gif

K

Aren't you going to tell him how to choose the Vtec crosover point? ;) FD's do have Vtec, right?