Need help

Guest 1_slow_600

Guest 1_slow_600
I just bought a 1990 S-10 truck (2.5 fi 4cylinder), And it needs a motor swap Because it's blown. I have a new motor already But I dont have all the know how to do it myself. It looks like it would be pretty easy but like I said I'm no mechanic. But I will pay sombody to come and help me out with it. Just let me know thanks graemlins/thumb.gif

I have done the 2.5L S-10 swap a few times and just did one like 2 months ago (although a 2.2L). Everything is pretty straight forward, especially if you do not have A/C.

The two worst things about this swap are 1)getting to the top transmission bolts and 2)the exhaust bolts (if yours are as fuggin rusty as mine were).

Once the fan shroud, fan, radiator and airbox/intake ducting are out of the way, there is a good amount of room to work.

Also, I found it's a lot easier to get the new engine in if you leave one motor mount off until the engine is in place and the first mount bolt is started.

Originally posted by Furred_600:

So does that mean that you want to help?

No, sorry to give you that impression. I have way too many of my own irons in the fire right now.

I was just trying to give some tips that might save you some work and stress. I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can about the project.

Good luck.