Air conditioning problems

clm-del Sol

Hey all, I have a problem and any ideas as to what it is/could be would be wonderful.

So here's the deal, I have a 1996 Honda de Sol Si with the 1.6 SOHC VTEC. When I turn the A/C on, even for hours at a time, it doesn't get cold. I refilled it with a can of 134a thinking it needed refilled, but that didn't help nor do I believe it needed anymore 134a. The condensor fan turns on, however, about 2/3 of the condensor fins are bent in from road debris and bugs (not sure if that could have any impact on A/C performance or not). It blows the air very strong on the highest setting. At this point I'm not sure what it could be and I don't really want to take it to a mechanic and pay $65+ to get it looked at when money is somewhat limited for something like this (the roof comes off, A/C isn't needed as much tongue.gif ).

So what is everyone's opinions? Any suggestions as to what I could do to remedy it?

Oh, and I'm putting a custom exhaust from the catalytic convertor and back on my car soon with a universal muffler, any recommended shops who can do mandrel bent piping?

Thanks a lot.

Guest FixHondas
Could be anything from a simple relay, fuse,bad compressor clutch/coil, thermoswitch, pressure switch, the list goes on. Does the compressor kick on? If not, check for 12v+ on the single wire going to the compressor.

Wow, thanks for the repling so soon.

I really don't think it has a leak, because I actually let some of the 134a out before refilling it because it originally wasn't going in. But after letting some of it out, it went in without a problem. I get good flow from the vents, the condensor fan turns on... but it does seem like the compressor the more I think about it.

Any other input?