94 buick skylark locks

Guest Ranger_Man

Guest Ranger_Man

anyone had any experience with these or know how to take them off. the locks on the new found beater are rather pissy and get stuck off and on.

known symptoms:

driver side does not unlock with a key at all.

passenger side unlocks with a key when it wants to.

so i need to know how to get to the door handles to inspect them. i can halfway get the inside door panel off but it gets stuck around the 'window roller upper thingy'. if anyone has any input id appreciate hearing it.

yes, i did join the buick clan tongue.gif .

Nope. Take a coat hanger, bend the smallest hook in the end that you can get, push the door panel back from the window crank and hook the metal clip and pull it out. I had several of these tools I made up while I was a locksmith.

As far as the locks themselves. The passenger one needs soaked down good with WD-40, DO NOT USE GRAPHITE IN A LOCK. IT WILL GUM IT UP!!! This even goes for the stuff that is sold for locks. Use LOTZ of WD-40. The other lock will most likely need pulled and cleaned. There is no way to clean the insides of the lock without removing that faceplate, and it has to gbe destroyed to be removed. But I would pull the lock and take it to a locksmith as it will be alot cheaper to do that than have him pull it.

Guest Ranger_Man
the hook that you are talking about is the 1/4 inch thick thing that extends into the door frame or something else? i only saw the screw like thing sticking into the door frame...