5.0 Bottom-end strength???

Guest Foxstang133617

Guest Foxstang133617

I have a stock shortblock in my 93 LX

It has about 90K on it, but I know it does not have the forged pistons

What are your experiences?

I have heard of people using spray or a blower or both on a motor like mine, but with heads and intake and cam in it.

Do you think the motor could survive for a fair amount of time with large amounts of HP?

Guest chochmo
a stock 302 block is known to only be able to hold about 500-550 HP before it will crack, add a main girdle and it is supposed to be like 600 or 650, but that doesn't mean you won't throw a rod with only 450. I know peole put them through hell and they have held up

Guest Foxstang133617

I know 5.0's will take alot, but will they take alot after 90K miles

The car runs like a top, it is bone stock except for the exhaust and shifter

It is a rag top with power everything and leather, and its run 14.2's at 96mph, with a very hard 225 street tires at NTR

my opinion is if you put the blower on without all (and I DO mean all) supporting mods, you'll have broken rings in the #8 cyl.

save the money, go through the motor and buy a set of aluminum heads... and nickel and dime the supporting mods and get the blower next year ;)

Originally posted by Foxstang133617:

I have a stock shortblock in my 93 LX

It has about 90K on it, but I know it does not have the forged pistons

What are your experiences?

I have heard of people using spray or a blower or both on a motor like mine, but with heads and intake and cam in it.

Do you think the motor could survive for a fair amount of time with large amounts of HP?

my 88 turbo car has over a 100k miles on it. I am currently at 500 rwhp. I am shooting for 600 rwhp this summer. Guess we will wait to see what happens.