Best place to motorcycle end of March

durk

Looking for a warm place to ride during the last week of March. Planning to trailer then ride. I was thinking southern Georgia, northern Florida, or Alabama. Anybody know of any good riding in those areas? Or do you think I can stay farther north and be fine. Keep in mind it’s the wife and I both. 

Wing it, no pun intended. Watch the weather forecast and drive to the weather. You may get a shot at the Ozarks that time of year. Otherwise you are looking at having to be south of Atlanta. No roads there.

How much time do you have?

11 minutes ago, durk said:

5-7 days

2 days to Austin TX on the trailer. You can visit the grassy knoll along the way. Get on the bike, head to President Johnson's ranch then hit the Three Sisters and circle back to the trailer.

Oh, and see the bats at dusk in Austin.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter and I will be riding around down south during the last week of March. We're leaving on the morning of 3/26.  We need to be back on Saturday night (3/30).  Let me know if you want to meet up.  We'll be 2 up on a Goldwing. 

SR16 through WV, Burkes Garden, Marion VA, Smokies, Franklin NC, Blood Mountain, and anywhere else that my daughter can think of.  We will be watching the weather and adjusting accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Connie14 said:

SR16 through WV, Burkes Garden, Marion VA, Smokies, Franklin NC, Blood Mountain, and anywhere else that my daughter can think of.  We will be watching the weather and adjusting accordingly.

Sounds like a fantastic trip.  Awesome roads!!!