Focus ZTS upgrade

Guest SSLeo

Originally posted by SSLeo:

What I can to do with my Focus ZTS 2003 (25000 miles)? smile.gif I want to prepare it for competitions.

Spray it, your warranty is still good. That way when you blow it up, free engine!

Nothing else will really be worth it, if you are looking for power. Jackson Racing makes a supercharger for it, but for $5,000 it's not worth the 50hp you'll gain.

graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by the Man With No Name:

Can you elaborate on what competitions you want to enter?

I don`t know yet. Just 6 months ago I came to USA from Russia. I was motoracer. I interesting in any kind of racing. But now I have no information about it in Ohio :(

Guest johnsfocus02

jackson - 2500 - 3000 at most and it adds a pretty good amount of power to your focus they also give a 100000 mile warranty too their parts soo jackson is better then most ppl give credit for but then it also depends on what kind of engine you have if you got a zetec then their are many places that make good engine mods

just look around on the net and ask ppl who have the four door car

my friend jon has a zts and he has the whole nine yards intake cam gears all the goodys but he does not post on here

check

steeda focus

sean holland

car domain

and google

My opinion, keep it as a car to drive to and from work and long distances and get a cheap project car.

I'll start off by suggesting a 1st gen. dsm (eagle talon, mitsubishi eclipse, plymouth laser). Very inexpensive to buy and modify. You can make them do just about anything you want. Whether they will be able to compete nationally let alone regionally in their division??? They are probably better for a drag race or all around car. I'd pick for a much smaller scale at first though. There are a ton of cars that fit the bill of 'cheap to buy and modify' though, but they are all for different appetites and different taste.

What kind of driving would you like to do?

We have many different organizations for many different types of driving and if you are seriously looking to compete I would first find out what you can do with which cars to meet their specifications.

What kind of driving is motoracing exactly and would you like to stick to something like that?

I guess the big question of the day is, what do you want out of a car? What type of driving would you like to compete it in?

Originally posted by My name... is Neo:

My opinion, keep it as a car to drive to and from work and long distances and get a cheap project car.

I'll start off by suggesting a 1st gen. dsm (eagle talon, mitsubishi eclipse, plymouth laser). Very inexpensive to buy and modify. You can make them do just about anything you want. Whether they will be able to compete nationally let alone regionally in their division??? They are probably better for a drag race or all around car. I'd pick for a much smaller scale at first though. There are a ton of cars that fit the bill of 'cheap to buy and modify' though, but they are all for different appetites and different taste.

What kind of driving would you like to do?

We have many different organizations for many different types of driving and if you are seriously looking to compete I would first find out what you can do with which cars to meet their specifications.

What kind of driving is motoracing exactly and would you like to stick to something like that?

I guess the big question of the day is, what do you want out of a car? What type of driving would you like to compete it in?

It can seem ridiculous, but I never fear about races. I receive pleasure from risk, as probably averybody here. In a daily life on road I frequently dangerous smile.gif , but completely control a situation. I like races in which all depends not from type of the engine and from capacity - just from myself. I was engaged in cross-country race and highway road races but would like to test myself with cars. Though if there was an opportunity that would continue moto races. So maybe you know answer smile.gif

Originally posted by rl:

We can Dynotune it for you, Ford left a lot on the table with tunes in those cars, we can flash the EEC or burn a chip (even a multi-position chip). smile.gif

What flashing the EEC or burning a chip may give for focus? I really don`t understand now computer system can add capacity smile.gif

Originally posted by SSLeo:

What flashing the EEC or burning a chip may give for focus? I really don`t understand now computer system can add capacity smile.gif

Adjusting timing, getting the AFR correct, and fixing a few other things from the factory.