Who can make a custom header(s)?

Guest stevil

My buddy has an RSX. He wants a long tube header and to remove the cat, but can't find anything. Local tuner shops jerk him around.

The closest thing he can find so far, the primaries are too short and made for a cat equipped vehicle. He wants longtubes, fuck shorties. :D I guess the cat is really close to the head, not sure how those Hondas are...?

This will be an off-road only RSX... yep. smile.gif So can anyone here do that? Or know someone locally that can?

Originally posted by BlackBird:

I thin the first cat is actualy part of the exhaust manifold, aint it?

I have no clue on VTEC cat placement, lol, but thats what he makes it sound like... like the cat is right there off the exhaust manifold, possibly part of it, yeah.

I'm sure an off-road pipe with a shorty header would work, but he wants longer primaries than a shorty. Could someone possibly use a shorty header and extend the primaries or something?

Guest xxxyyyzzz

Has he checked with Grashel Fabrication or Holt Racecars yet, or are those the local tuner shops that have "jerked him around"? If he hasn't tried them they might do it, but he'll need $$$... Custom-fabbed headers are pretty labor-intensive, especially if you don't want the type that have a weld every inch or so. He may be getting jerked around because he's the first guy in town attempting it. That just comes with the territory. You'd be surprised how many people want to try new stuff then bitch at the guy they hired to do it when the experiment doesn't turn out as expected. If he loses 25 lb-ft of torque on the dyno is he going back to the shop demanding a refund? Stuff like that makes shops leery of taking on customers with "new ideas"... Removing emissions equipment is always a touchy subject as well, regardless of what the customer says about the car being for off road usage. It's a can of worms a lot of shops just don't want to open, especially when it'll be blatantly obvious who did the work, as opposed to an anonymous after-hours h-pipe install...

My $.02...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

Does your friend have a base model or a Type-S?

Type-S... black... you raced him, same night I raced you I believe. I think you gave him a hell of a suprise. :D;)

Originally posted by StraightouttaLocash:

Has he checked with Grashel Fabrication or Holt Racecars yet, or are those the local tuner shops that have "jerked him around"?.......My $.02...

Where would someone go to get jerked around? :D He went to Passen! He went there just to see what they had, what they could do, etc. Not to mention it's fairly local (Westerville Rd). But I think he found out what kind of shop they run.

And he knows what he wants, I'm sure he knows he's going to lose some torque, in trade for HP. Heck, he's been into classic muscle cars, big block V8s, carbs, etc... he knows his stuff. He's basically the last guy I would imagine in the "import scene", but he's there. And he chose a good car too, he loves that thing. :D

Originally posted by BlackStang00:

I went to Passen with a couple of my ricer buddies once.... Those jerk-offs at passen didn't like me much. Told me they had a certain something in stock, but when i went to get it, they were "sold out."

What a bunch of fucking morons, what a way to run a good busines and make money. :rolleyes: