Suspension modifications done where?

Guest gaf_faulk

Guest gaf_faulk
hello all. I have a 99 ss camaro convertible and I am looking to do a suspension upgrade and I need to know of a couple of places around the Columbus area that work on the f body. Preferably ones that some of you have used and you liked their work.

I've done most of the suspension myself. It really pretty simple, you just have to be careful with the springs. The only times I farmed out the work is when the bolts were so corroded that I couldn't break them loose or when it needed special tools or skills. If you need to replace bushings just take the parts off and have the new bushings pressed in and reinstall.

I had the front shocks and alignment done at Bee Line.

I had the rear gears and lower control arms installed at R&S automotive.

What suspension parts are you doing? Most of it is relatively easy, you can do rear LCA's in 45 minutes. Springs and shocks/struts all the way around is maybe 4-5 hours the first time. You can save a lot doing this kind of stuff yourself if you have the time and tools.

Guest gaf_faulk
Thanks all for the information especially from cammedblowdryer!! Why didnt I think of that sooner! No really the mods I am doing are control arms and relocation brackets, springs, panhard, swaybar links and torque arm. Yes I can do it some of it myself but some of it I cant. No tools and no experience. For example welding the relocation brackets and installing the torque arm at -1 degree. So this is the work to be done and if anyone else has recommendations for this type of work I would appreciate it. Thank you Axoid for the information on R&S and Bee Line.