Attn: CR Vette Owners

Kohones

I just bought my Vette in Dec. Great buy cause I stole it, 2002 with looow miles. The problem? I've got an electrical problem (a short) in the drivers door. The control panel (ya know) where the pw openers, remote mirrors etc are - it remains lit?? Everything else is off & sleepin but this damn arm rest! It's killed my battery, I put a new one in (thats when I noticed the problem). Maxton's Vette tech can't look & fix it until next Thursday (weather permitting. My question is - you folks that have Vettes / anyone had this problem with theirs? if so what is it, how do ya fix & how expensive & detailed is it???

Originally posted by Kohones:

Thanks C5 Doctor! Weather permitting I have an appt with Maxton's Vette tech next Thursday. Sure glad I bought & hooked up battery tender - that new battery just cost me north of $100.

Let us know what you find out in case we encounter the same type of problem.

Well car now at Maxton's since 9:00 a.m. yesterday. I called & talked to Serv Writer asking for status (he wasn't warm & friendly). Appears they've ordered that electronic control module from Cinncy. Hope they keep her inside tonight??? She doesn't know what cold & snow are. C'mon Springtime!!!!! :D

Got car back this morning. Seems like "vette tech" had to take drivers door apart, he found wires hangin everywhere like spaghetti??? I don't know what the previous owner was doing, anyway its all back together, memory seats work, interior lights go out / works just like she was originally designed / it was cool to drive it again - shes sleeping now til spring!!!