turbo manifold

NWill

We can make you one, just a few questions first.

How much power do you want to make?

How soon would you like to start this project?

Do you want a custom one because of a specific turbo and placement you want, or are you looking for something cheaper then the mass produced manifolds currently available?

BTW, here is some of the work I have done in the past: :cool:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/160000-160999/160293_195_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/160000-160999/160293_198_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/160000-160999/160293_200_full.jpg

We use a TIG welder to do all of our welds for manifolds. See the link in my sig for more info. smile.gif

Originally posted by turbotoo:

Tinman does great work. graemlins/thumb.gif

Yup. smile.gif He did all the welding for the downpipe and IC pipes on my Supra, but I opted for the far easier on my wallet mild steel.

Is there a reason you don't want the F-Max manifold, btw?

Guest badmuthrfkr

Boost Logic 321SS Tubular Manifold 1 5/8” Tubing and 1/2” Thick 321SS Flanges

(Turbo’s with a 4” inlet clears the distributor. Manifold fits a turbo up to a T76)

T61 Turbo w/ T4 flange

HKS 40mm Wastegate

3” SS304 Polished Downpipe w/ Flex Joint

3” SS304 Polished Midpipe

SS304 Polished Dump Tube

2 ½” Polished Aluminum IC piping

3” Polished Aluminum Intake Pipe

Boost Logic FMIC Kit

Boost Logic NA-T SS Braided Oil Feed and Return Kit w/ Aeroquip fittings

3” K&N Filter

K&N Breathers

Walbro GSS341 255HP Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit

All necessary clamps and bolts for installation

BL Price: $4499.00

Originally posted by Alter-ego:

Boost Logic 321SS Tubular Manifold 1 5/8” Tubing and 1/2” Thick 321SS Flanges

(Turbo’s with a 4” inlet clears the distributor. Manifold fits a turbo up to a T76)

T61 Turbo w/ T4 flange

HKS 40mm Wastegate

3” SS304 Polished Downpipe w/ Flex Joint

3” SS304 Polished Midpipe

SS304 Polished Dump Tube

2 ½” Polished Aluminum IC piping

3” Polished Aluminum Intake Pipe

Boost Logic FMIC Kit

Boost Logic NA-T SS Braided Oil Feed and Return Kit w/ Aeroquip fittings

3” K&N Filter

K&N Breathers

Walbro GSS341 255HP Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit

All necessary clamps and bolts for installation

BL Price: $4499.00

.....My car cost $600.00

im aware of the few manifolds out there, im lookin for somethin a little cheaper than those however. i can get steel one made for about 500...just seein who else can make them and possibly even cheaper. i dont intend to pass 400hp so i dont need anything too beefy. also im not looking for stainless steel, maybe mild steel or cast iron? thanks

Originally posted by MeChANicK:

im aware of the few manifolds out there, im lookin for somethin a little cheaper than those however. i can get steel one made for about 500...just seein who else can make them and possibly even cheaper. i dont intend to pass 400hp so i dont need anything too beefy. also im not looking for stainless steel, maybe mild steel or cast iron? thanks

I am going to come off somewhat cocky here, and I apologize in advance.. but you are modifying a Supra here. Not a Cavalier, or so car you picked up for $1000 bucks.

Don't buy some manifold made out of dryer ducting, taped together by some guy in a back alley whilest tokeing on his crack pipe. Do the car right.

That boostlogic kit Hua posted is a steal IMO. Did you read the parts list?

Nothing worse than having a nice looking car, and then when someone askes you to pop the hood you have the engine held together with duct tape, bailer wire, and looking like complete ass.

Sorry, not my car, and not really my business, but from what I am reading of your plan so far it somewhat distresses me.

I'll be quite now.

Howard

Guest badmuthrfkr

You cannot just bolt-up a cast manifold designed for the GTE to your block and expect it to clear.

The kit I posted is the best, and Kean knows the Supra better than anyone.

im well aware that manifolds designed for the GTE wont fit my engine. Im also aware of the BL kit and and others out there. however im putting my kit together piece by piece. One of the guys on supraforums is involved in what i believe is a recently started business. They are crafted out of steel (i forget the exact grade) and are TIG welded. from the pictures, they seem of good quality. I plan on polishing the parts also so the finish isnt of great concern . He is offering the manifold to me for 500. the manifold was tested on a setup very similar to mine and pulled the same dyno #'s as the other manifolds ive seen tested. I will try to look into it further to get an idea on the quality of the manifold, thanks for your advice, Nick