TYPE R GUYS

Black ITR Guy

thanks conesmasher for the link and the info but im still not sure what i want i want it to look as stock as possible i know that so im still leaning towards the icebox but i would like to see some number for it if anyone has any place they can get them and link me to them that would be great or even if they have had one. thanks again

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

thanks conesmasher for the link and the info but im still not sure what i want i want it to look as stock as possible i know that so im still leaning towards the icebox but i would like to see some number for it if anyone has any place they can get them and link me to them that would be great or even if they have had one. thanks again

I can't find any hardcore dyno results for the R and the comptech icebox. I think that you have chosen a good product, that will definantly give you a stock look. Fuck it, you can paint the posished pipe flat black to make it look more than stock.

I say go Comptech, and then buy a good header!!

Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

I can't find any hardcore dyno results for the R and the comptech icebox. I think that you have chosen a good product, that will definantly give you a stock look. Fuck it, you can paint the posished pipe flat black to make it look more than stock.

I say go Comptech, and then buy a good header!!

I say buy a good header then go Comptech tongue.gif

alright thanks for the input fellas so now does nyone have any suggestions about headers then i know steve said a jdm one but its only a 4-1 i thought it would be best with a 4-2-1.....whats your views on this....what gives more gains all around

From what I have heard, 4-2-1 gives moderate top end power, while also focusing on power throughout the range, moreso than a 4-1.

A 4-1 header is more about the top end gain, but will still gain some power.

I say, the 4-1 header is made for your car, but the question is, Do you drive your car how it was meant to be driven?

If yes, go for 4-1.

If you would like to see a considerable all around gain, for daily driving then the 4-2-1 is for you.

There are alot of opinions on this matter, and the roots go alot deeper than 4-2-1 vs. 4-1.

Basically, what do you want from a header, all around gain, or a big bang up top?

Guest lustful

scheetz.. if you are thinking about a header.. i would talk with matt and ed.. and you know what they will say.

and i quote almost " WTF do you think that motorcycle out there has on it??.. " my response... a 4-1 header with single pipes. " and why the f**k do you think i decided to do that instead of those heavy ass dual pipes?? umm top end.. that is right top end because that mother loves top end... alot like your car.. it likes top end and i dunno but i think a 4-1 would be your best option at this point... or just bottle it up like the last one.. do we really need to talk to ed again about the whole nitrous ordeal... danny has thoughts put into your head that are scaring you once more... who doesn't love cheap HP?

danny has nothing to do with my decision to not bottle feed it i think to much of this engine to spray it yet.

i have never auto crossed my car and i prob wont because i like the thrill of drag racing so much more. so i guess i should go with the 4-1 then if im following.

any way all ed tells me anymore if i ever go to him with a question is just put a bottle on it and all you problems are over. i get tired of hearing that all the time. i know what nitrous can do but i want to see if i can get gains somewhere else. if im gonna do go that way it will be the last route i take.

Guest lustful

all i am saying yeah you know what it can do.. and i remember you being the happiest mother alive whenever you got your last bottle. and nothing made that car come alive like that. i mean honestly with whatever other mods you were gonna do combined.. could it have come close to that... and i mean besides a turbo kit etc... (which i never heard you mention previously)

50-75 hp for $450 is pretty frigging cheap HP

Guest lustful
and what was ed's solution to the 76 Z... umm i think we know the answer to that besides the big block and cams.. N20... you know how ridiculous nitrous burnouts get in that mother through the first three gears......i rest my case

Guest lustful

well i geuss it depends on how much money you wanna spend vs how fast you wanna go...

does that mean you will just never drive it then.. b/c you were the person who told me that every time your pistons strike minute particles flake off.. hmm sounds like engine wear.. wouldn't drive it.

i am just saying.. christ fucking motors can be rebuilt.. being young and having the car you love to drive and have it be somewhat fast is not gonna be here for much longer man... shit you turn 21 this summer.. WTF... times slipping away

Guest lustful

it is just like making power with any other form of power adder.. you take more air.. shove it into that cylinder.. put feul in there to compensate for it.. and power is made. if you want power.. more engine wear is probably gonna occur too.

hey mr. i sell schaeffers oil.. wtf it is supposed to reduce engine wear dramatically... hmmm

Guest lustful

precisely... i mean in all reality we as a general population tear the shit out of motors by drag racing them. well lets just say do more damage than daily driving does. so if that is gonna be the theme behind making the car.. hmm

again it can always be rebuilt. time and youth cannot

and i am just fucking with you brian... what oil are you running... i know not schaeffers in your gearbox.. me either.. but that turbo blue stuff.. i liked that stuff and so does matt

i never said im never gonna put nitrous to it......i said its not in the near future......... they arent exactly smoking up the production line with my engine actually they dont make them at all anymore.........i only have close to 35000 miles on this thing what if i want to sell it in a while right now it looks pretty good for resale low miles perfect condition and runs great............sounds wonderful but if someone knows there has been nitrous on it its gonna go way down......there for i want that to be the last mod i do.......im looking at the big picture like in-case-shit-happens stuff....yes right now i want just little tidbits of stuff done intake header full exhaust port and polish little stuff like that......im not sayin nitrous is the devil cuz its not the right tunning it can be great but my car my engine and i are not ready for it yet.

i never said im never gonna put nitrous to it......i said its not in the near future......... they arent exactly smoking up the production line with my engine actually they dont make them at all anymore.........i only have close to 35000 miles on this thing what if i want to sell it in a while right now it looks pretty good for resale low miles perfect condition and runs great............sounds wonderful but if someone knows there has been nitrous on it its gonna go way down......there for i want that to be the last mod i do.......im looking at the big picture like in-case-shit-happens stuff....yes right now i want just little tidbits of stuff done intake header full exhaust port and polish little stuff like that......im not sayin nitrous is the devil cuz its not the right tunning it can be great but my car my engine and i are not ready for it yet.

if you want nitrous, sell me your ITR and buy a GSR

if you want nitrous, sell me your ITR and buy a GSR
i had nitrous it was nice and all but like i said before IF i do it will be the last thing and right now it doesnt look like im gonna i like my car to much

any ways that all is way graemlins/offtopic.gif anyway i found a ram air for the j's racing intake. im not sure if they make it for our cars yet but i thought you might be interested in a ram air for yours if you havent already got it mabey you already knew about too i dont know.....what are your thoughts about that