Anybody ever put in a ZEX kit??

RedLudeSH

Just wondering if anyone has and if theyd be willing to supervise for beer or money of course a Zex kit + purge kit install on my car. Bdubs on here and I will be attempting this 2 saturdays from now but neither of us has installed anything harder than an intake I believe. Just wondering. Thanks.

Originally posted by RedLudeSH:

Just wondering if anyone has and if theyd be willing to supervise for beer or money of course a Zex kit + purge kit install on my car. Bdubs on here and I will be attempting this 2 saturdays from now but neither of us has installed anything harder than an intake I believe. Just wondering. Thanks.

I have installed three different kits on both imports and domestics. ZEX OVERATES there kits. The biggest mistake I see people who use a zex kit is they pay no attention to bottle pressure. To get even close to getting the results of a particular jetting, You need to maintain 1000psi bottle pressure. Anything below 900 psi and you can expect a big drop off in power. Buy a gauge and a bottle heater. If your car has platium plugs, :eek::eek: CHANGE THEM :eek::eek: . A zex 75 jetting usually gets u about 50 hp on a dyno. If you need help with the kit, send me a message.

I'm doing a 55 shot with the best possible plugs, no platinum prolly NGK iridium or whatever people on preludeonline recommnend. I'll prolly get a bottle warmer too I plan on only using it in hot ass summer thou and I really only want 40 or so hp out of it anyway I'm trying to be as gentle on my engine as possible. Thanks anyone willing to help. The beer is whatever you want it to be, i want the best possible install so I'll even snag some expensive imported shit if it lures in good help :D Thanks yall.