Custom Turbo

golf2001gti

Well I am looking for one sertin person, he built my buddies 5.0 with turbo. All I know is his last name and I dont really now how to spell it, it is HOWIE. used to have a Black turbo mustang and know has a red vet. Does anyone know how I can contact him.

Well Im after something big, but I want it all to be custum. I really want the APR stage III but That comes from APR. I know that this guy does alot of custum turbo's so I am going to talk to him. I can take a look at what you have Im game for anything. Are you on Ohiovw

What about it do you want to be "custom"? You going to have a tubular manifold made or what.

Honestly with the car you have you either buy an apr stage 3, you buy something from atp and fuck with trying to get their shit software to work, or you buy atp gear and buy a stand alone. If you want something that will work and you won't have problems with you might as well get the apr. If you have the cash to spend and the time to try to get your car running right then custom is cool.

-jeff

rebuilding it wont make it faster, mabye run better, but the turbo is two small and cant run anough boost to produce very much power, so look in to upgrading the turbo you have got into something larger tongue.gif

Originally posted by golf2001gti:

Thanks for the info, how about rebuilding the factory turbo I have now. Can I do something like that to make it better.

I am running the factory turbo at 18psi with stand alone right now and I can tell you it does make a bit of a difference but if you plan to make power you need to upgrade. As soon as I pull off my factory turbo to slap the new one on I can sell it to you it has like 1400 miles on it.

-jeff

Its k03 sport off of a beetle motor. Same turbo. What time frame are you looking at, I don't want to pull this turbo off until the cold starts to set in and I can't drive the car anyway.

What are you looking to spend on a custom setup or what has been quoted to you? If you show me what other people were quoting or the setup they designed I can try to beat their pricing, or I can come up with something if you want.

-jeff

I havent checked around yet, but if you want to check on some stuff that would be great. I have the GIAC chip so they should reprogram it cheap. I just blew the CV joints again 2 time in one month. and I am getting ready for a big show in indy this weekend.